Analyst - Risk Dynamics
- Degree in financial engineering, applied finance, statistics, mathematics, computational finance or related field
- 2+ years of experience in model development, validation or risk analytics at a global bank or consulting firm with a proven track record of high performance
- Strong technical expertise in at least 2 analytical software packages such as SAS, R, MATLAB, Python, VBA
- Good understanding of the full range of risks in financial services (both financial and non-financial) and applicable regulations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to communicate technical topics to a broad audience
- Highly motivated and self-driven with a strong passion for risk and analytics
- Ability to adapt quickly to rapidly changing client contexts while maintaining quality and timeline
- Intellectually curious and demonstrate ability to quickly assimilate new knowledge and improve operational efficiencies
Who You'll Work With
You will be based in Gurgaon at our McKinsey Knowledge Center and will be a part of our Risk Dynamics Team.
McKinsey's Risk practice supports clients in many different industries facing challenges of developing and implementing tailored concepts for risk recognition, measurement, and control. McKinsey takes a truly global, cross-sector, cross-functional view of risk issues, combining its deep industry insight and strategic skills with a structured risk-management approach, proven methodologies focused on true transformation, analytical tools, and practical implementation.
In February 2016, McKinsey acquired Risk Dynamics, a specialized consulting firm focused on in-depth assessment of any risk related measures used in the Financial Industry for banks, insurance firms, asset managers and infrastructure players. This acquisition reflects McKinsey's commitment to be a global leader in model risk management, model validation and model advisory support for the Financial Services sector.
Since 2004, Risk Dynamics has been providing independent model validation services to financial services industry seeking an unbiased, technical assessment of their modelling and risk management capabilities. McKinsey Risk Dynamics (McK/RD) has offices in Belgium, UK and US and is growing its Indian team in a commitment to becoming a global leader in model validation, model risk management and model advisory support for the financial services sector.
What You'll Do
You will deliver high quality, timely and cost effective analytics services to clients, performing quantitative and qualitative assessment of model design, data, performance and model risk in line with industry standards and regulatory expectations.
You will draft clear and succinct written reports to explain validation methodologies, key risk areas and recommendations for improvement and you'll help to build quantitative tools to improve the quality and efficiency of model validations.
You will collaborate closely with colleagues globally to build solutions across various risk and model types. You will develop an expertise over one or more risk areas and will help generate white papers/insights along with the wider knowledge community.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top