Analyst - Product Development
- Bachelor's degree with a major Science or Engineering, or a related technical field; Master's degree is a plus
- 3+ years of experience in product development related functions, including product cost optimization, product design, value engineering, DFMA, R&D prototyping, supplier management, negotiation, target cost setting
- Experience working with a cross-functional team
- Demonstrated analytic and quantitative skills with the ability to structure and solve problems
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and Mandarin
- Willingness to travel up to 80%
- There is flexibility to hire at either the Senior Analyst or Analyst level depending on the qualifications of the candidate
Who You'll Work With
You will be based in our Taipei office and will be part of our Product Development Centre of Competence (PD CoC).
This group strives to improve productivity and effectiveness of our clients by working to create higher-value products and services and more attractive product lines. The team serves clients in different industry sectors with a concentration in Automotive, Assembly, Aerospace, Industrials, High-Tech, Telecom, Pharma, and Medical Products.
What You'll Do
You will act as a knowledge consultant in Product Development related projects.
In this role, you will combine consulting skills with McKinsey digital solutions and product/industry knowledge to serve clients in product development related projects. You will have the opportunity to work in an intellectually-challenging business environment, build strong problem solving skills and develop team and client leadership skills. A majority of your time will be spent at client sites as part of a consulting team, helping solve complex problems. This work includes conducting consumer insight analysis to better understand product improvement aspects as well as enhancing product design effectiveness and quality attributes. Additionally, you will analyze the cost modeling of products, conduct competitive analysis with competitors products and build sustainable capabilities for R&D.
You will also work with McKinsey's network of industry and functional practices on developing cutting edge knowledge related to the product development domain, leading various initiatives, and building the firm's proprietary knowledge on product development related topics.
You'll gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to the firm. As an Analyst, you will receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring. This support includes a senior member from the practice to guide your career. You'll receive guidance and support from your local office in the selection of client projects, helping you to further develop your skills and build your network.
There is flexibility to hire at either the Senior Analyst or Analyst level depending on the qualifications of the candidate.
Back to top