Analyst - Periscope Advanced Insights - Growth Mapping
- Advanced degree (MBA, MS, PhD, etc.) with outstanding record of academic achievement required
- A minimum of 2 years related experience
- Experience with advanced analytics and statistical techniques such as classification and regression tree (CART/CHAID), factor analysis, correspondence analysis, clustering, discriminant analysis, and multivariate regression / econometric modeling, predictive modeling, Random Forest
- Additional experience in mixed modeling is desirable
- Experience in working with big data techniques is desirable
- Advanced SPSS and/or SAS knowledge (knowledge of R is a plus) Alteryx, Data Visualization, and Excel
- Ability to identify implications and drive toward business recommendation
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to present in clear and concise manner
- Knowledge of syndicated, scanner, and panel data
- Strong multi-tasking abilities, flexibility and patience in a fluid environment
- Team oriented and collaborative approach in working across teams and clients
- Passion for analytics and problem solving
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Periscope Advanced Insights team in the US. Periscope Advanced Insights is part of McKinsey Solutions and McKinsey's New Ventures and supports the Growth Mapping capability in applying advanced analytics and proprietary frameworks in a wide range of business questions for CPG and non-CPG categories globally.
Periscope leverages decades of McKinsey's marketing and sales experience helping leading companies improve pricing, promotion, assortments, and performance management. Periscope's combination of software, tailored services, and expertise provides our clients with a granular view of their commercial and financial performance by gathering and integrating their landscape of data and information into a central data warehouse. Clients can use our intuitive interface to make decisions based on advanced analytics and can embed new pricing, commercial, and performance management capabilities throughout their organization.
New Ventures is a recently formed part of McKinsey focused on fostering innovations driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile, social and other technologies and integrating them into our client work. It is a foundation for—and expands our investment in—our entrepreneurial culture.
McKinsey Solutions is a core part of New Ventures and offers practical tools that help people at all levels of an organization generate insights they need to address both strategic and day-to-day decisions. These solutions complement McKinsey's traditional client service and are delivered in many ways, including subscriptions, workshops, training programs and project-based engagements. We work closely with clients to embed our tools, analytics and expertise, and provide on-going support to help them build the capabilities they need to revolutionize how decisions are made.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,000 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers
What You'll Do
You will collaborate with our client teams to effectively execute against project workplans and you'll assist in shaping the final recommendations to our clients.
As part of that effort, you'll conduct core analytics with a high degree of accuracy and then work with the project team to formulate strategic insights for clients. You'll create and deliver advanced analytics using a variety of techniques including Purchase Structure, Usage Map, Segmentation, Econometric Modeling, and various other multivariate statistical analyses.
Additionally, you'll assist with analytic plan development, manage information requirements (client, syndicated, suppliers), and utilize firm standards and processes to deliver workstream results on time and within budget. You'll collaborate with consulting teams to assure superior client satisfaction by providing hands-on deep analytics, and credible, insightful communication both internally and with clients.
You'll partner with Persicope team members, client service teams, clients, and suppliers (syndicated, survey) in a positive and constructive manner, focused on the best possible end result. You'll have the opportunity to develop hands-on knowledge and experience with advanced analytic approaches and concepts such as Market/Purchase Structure, Growth Mapping and Segmentation.
Back to top