Analyst - Marketing Analytics
- Graduate degree in Statistics/Economics/Econometrics/Engineering/Mathematics (with strong quantitative background)
- 2-3 years of professional work experience with a reputed analytics firm
- Ability to handle data in large volumes (data manipulation, data cleansing and matching) through tools like SAS, SQL, SPSS, R, Excel VBA
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions
- Modeling techniques and specifically logistic Regression, linear regression, cluster analysis, CHAID, market basket analysis, etc.
- Statistical programming software experience in SPSS, SAS or equivalent, and comfortable working with large data sets
- SQL is also preferred
- Industry experience in Financial Services / Telecom / Retail is preferred
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Fluent in both written and spoken English; prior experience in a multi-national environment desirable
- Energetic, cooperative and pleasant personality
- Able to work with and coach effectively a diverse group of team members
- Flexibility, patience, and an understanding of fluid, demanding, and unstructured environments where priorities evolve constantly and methodologies are regularly challenged
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Periscope team in Wroclaw, Poland. Periscope is part of McKinsey Solutions and McKinsey's New Ventures.
Periscope leverages decades of McKinsey's marketing and sales experience helping leading companies improve pricing, promotion, assortments, and performance management. Periscope's combination of software, tailored services, and expertise provides our clients with a granular view of their commercial and financial performance by gathering and integrating their landscape of data and information into a central data warehouse. Clients can use our intuitive interface to make decisions based on advanced analytics and can embed new pricing, commercial, and performance management capabilities throughout their organization.
New Ventures is a recently formed part of McKinsey focused on fostering innovations driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile, social and other technologies and integrating them into our client work. It is a foundation for—and expands our investment in—our entrepreneurial culture.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,000 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You'll spend your time working with the Insights & Analytics group and consulting teams at McKinsey helping solve analytically complex client problems in the marketing domain, applying and administrating analytical/modeling tools and techniques and drawing managerial insights through statistical techniques and predictive modeling.
You'll perform statistical analysis and modeling in client engagements for marketing efforts such as customer segmentation, branding, CLM acquisition and retention, and cross-sell/upsell techniques. You'll develop statistical models to measure and optimize pricing and marketing campaigns, you'll provide expert advice to consulting teams on technique/modeling related issues, and you'll provide guidance and leadership to teams on analytics projects.
Additionally, you'll support the development and maintenance of proprietary McKinsey marketing techniques and other knowledge development projects.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top