Analyst - Cyber Solutions, New Ventures
- Bachelor's degree; Master's degree in business or in engineering is a plus
- 1-3 years of experience in Cyber Security as well as in the field of tech, consulting and/or business intelligence
- Entrepreneurial spirit with desire to work in fast-paced, consulting start-up environment
- Ability to consistently deliver exceptional results on demanding timelines
- Ability to demonstrate program ownership and consistent delivery on commitments
- Great organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail
- Ability to work in new, cross-functional environments
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Comfort with the idea of "being your own manager"
- Ability to manage small teams (e.g., research teams, presentation specialists) and work with these teams in an agile way
- Strong client-focused mindset
- Sound problem-solver who can quickly process complex information and present it clearly and simply
- Curious, willing to push themselves and want to learn
- Willingness to travel frequently
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Cyber Solutions team in Chicago, New York, Silicon Valley, Waltham, MA or Washington DC.
Cyber Solutions is part of McKinsey's New Ventures and is a portfolio of software-enabled consulting and other consulting methodologies that helps institutions measure and improve digital resilience and assess and manage cybersecurity risk. These tools include Digital Resilience Assessment - a solution that benchmarks an organization's cybersecurity against best practices and peers and evaluates areas for improvement; Cyber Risk Insights - a solution for identifying and analyzing the extent to which a company's critical information assets are at risk and prioritizing ways to reduce and manage such risk; Executive Cyber Simulations - a solution for "war gaming" cybersecurity breaches to in order to assess the business leadership's ability to respond to a cyber attack. We are also a team of expert consultants that solves core strategic problems in areas related to cybersecurity.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will work with experts (e.g., data scientists, other McKinsey practices or New Ventures groups) to bring cutting-edge insight to our clients and create sustainable impact.
In this role, you will work closely with Cyber Solutions leadership and diverse McKinsey resources to define, set up, and manage workstreams and engagements to solve complex problems. You will be at the core of bridging client business challenges with Cyber Solutions' capabilities. You will lead independently and engage with client representatives and McKinsey generalists and other experts in joint problem-solving sessions. You will work on teams to drive, define, and deliver new methodologies to solve new problems, as well as use our tools to deliver our core methodologies.
You will master the methodology embedded into Cyber Solutions core offerings, as well as be a team player in defining approaches to solve the most cutting-edge problems. By developing a deep understanding of Cyber Solutions and cybersecurity expert consulting, you will be able to clearly articulate the benefits of Cyber Solutions to clients, both external and internal, and how they are implemented in an organization.
Back to top