Advanced Insights Analyst
- 2-5 years of professional work experience with a reputed analytics firm in the field of business intelligence and/or Advanced Analytics
- Graduate or post-graduate degree in Statistics, Economics, Econometrics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics with a strong quantitative background; MBA helpful
- Industry experience in Consumer Goods, Financial Services, Telecom, or Retail a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions
- Adept in forecasting, regression analysis and segmentation work
- Understanding of Modeling techniques and specifically logistic regression, linear regression, cluster analysis, CHAID, market basket analysis, etc.
- Statistical programming software experience in SAS, R or equivalent. SQL and VBA are also preferred
- Excellent time management skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills; understanding of both written and spoken English
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to act autonomously, bringing structure and organization to work
- Sound problem-solving skills
- Understanding of basic financial and business terminology
- Creative and action-oriented mindset
- Ability to interact in a fluid, demanding and unstructured environment where priorities evolve constantly and methodologies are regularly challenged
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines
Who You'll Work With
You will join Periscope, the McKinsey Marketing and Sales Solution and part of New Ventures, in Budapest, Hungary.
Periscope leverages decades of McKinsey's marketing and sales experience helping leading companies improve pricing, promotion, assortments, and performance management. Periscope's combination of software, tailored services, and expertise provides our clients with a granular view of their commercial and financial performance by gathering and integrating their landscape of data and information into a central data warehouse. Clients can use our intuitive interface to make decisions based on advanced analytics and can embed new pricing, commercial, and performance management capabilities throughout their organization.
New Ventures is a recently formed part of McKinsey focused on fostering innovations driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile, social and other technologies and integrating them into our client work. It is a foundation for—and expands our investment in—our entrepreneurial culture.
McKinsey Solutions is a core part of New Ventures and offers practical tools that help people at all levels of an organization generate insights they need to address both strategic and day-to-day decisions. These solutions complement McKinsey's traditional client service and are delivered in many ways, including subscriptions, workshops, training programs and project-based engagements. We work closely with clients to embed our tools, analytics and expertise, and provide on-going support to help them build the capabilities they need to revolutionize how decisions are made.
What You'll Do
You will work within the Insights & Analytics (IA) group of Periscope, helping solve analytically complex client problems in the marketing domain.
You'll apply and administer analytical and modeling tools and techniques and you'll draw managerial insights through statistical techniques and predictive modeling. You will conduct core analytics with a high degree of accuracy and then work with the project team to formulate strategic insights for clients.
Through your analytic excellence and thought leadership you will create and deliver advanced analytics using a variety of techniques including econometric modelling, regression, segmentation and multivariate statistical analysis. You'll develop hands-on knowledge and experience with advanced analytic approaches and concepts and you'll be responsible for assisting with analytic plan development, managing information requirements (client, syndicated, suppliers), and utilizing firm standards and processes to deliver workstream results on time and within budget. You will work with consulting teams to assure superior client satisfaction by providing hands-on deep analytics, and credible, insightful communication both internally and with clients.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top