Advanced Degree Campus Recruiter - New Ventures and Growth Platforms
- At least 3+ years of full life cycle recruiting experience, ideally in a technology or analytics function within a management consultancy or technology company
- University degree and excellent academic record required
- Broad understanding of various analytical and technical profiles and corresponding skills
- Deep knowledge of recruiting strategies, channels, and processes
- Highly developed talent sourcing skills (e.g., candidate attraction, talent assessment, passive candidate engagement)
- Experience working with recruitment applicant tracking software in a high volume and detail-oriented environment required
- Ability to take initiative with little direction
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational and administrative skills driven by the desire to continuously improve our recruiting processes
- A high level of entrepreneurship and creativity
- A great sense of humor and a love for recruiting
- Ability to have a flexible schedule and travel to campuses as needed
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in one of our North American offices as part of our US Advanced Professional Degree recruiting team.
This team focuses on sourcing exceptional PhD, MD, JD, and masters talent for our global offices and practices and is looking for a full time recruiter to join our team to help drive the next generation of advanced degree campus recruiting for New Ventures and Growth Platforms profiles. We have a strong preference for one of our locations that already houses many members of the teams you'll be working closely with, which includes: Chicago, New York, San Francisco/Silicon Valley, Waltham (MA), Tampa.
New Ventures and Growth Platforms is a recently formed part of McKinsey focused on fostering innovations driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile, social and other technologies and integrating them into our client work. It is a foundation for - and expands on our investment in - our entrepreneurial culture. This group of global businesses enhances our ability to help clients implement change, build capabilities and transform themselves into digital organizations.
This is an outstanding opportunity to help shape a major evolution in McKinsey's recruiting and to ensure the firm is bringing in the best talent possible for all roles.
What You'll Do
You'll serve as the thought leader, coordinator and convener of our US campus recruiting efforts for New Ventures and Growth Platforms advanced degree candidate profiles (information systems, data science, analytics, digital, and design client service).
You´ll drive the strategy for hiring and depending on the specific effort, both lead and support execution of the defined strategy. Moreover, you´ll support the development of a recruiting strategy for core universities (independently and in collaboration with local office recruiting team), establishing a range of approaches to accommodate the range of candidate pools.
Developing innovative approaches for recruiting at the target universities (including innovative engagement methods customized to the target audience like hackathons) and managing external sourcing strategies (like talent aggregators) will be part of your main responsibilities. Furthermore, you´ll provide thought partnership to the local campus recruiting teams on all topics (e.g., attraction/identification, assessment, cultivation) related to advanced professional degree profiles for New Ventures and Growth Platforms, including leading the development of content, collateral materials and events.
To support the hiring needs of these businesses, you will function as a knowledge expert on advanced degree recruiting and a primary liaison between different hiring cells and groups ensuring knowledge sharing, coordination and awareness on relevant recruiting efforts. You will keep abreast of cutting-edge knowledge topics relevant to the recruiting area (attend knowledge training days, collect intelligence from the marketplace, identify trends and patterns).
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top