Advanced Analytics_Data Specialist
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, econometrics, economics, or operations research
- 5+ years of experience in statistical or heavy numerical analyses
- Expertise in statistical analyses and able to describe from-start-to-finish the analytic processes in their area of expertise, including when and why they favor specific approaches
- Deep grasp of analytical skills and methods, coupled with modeling, coding, and programming capabilities
- Superior conceptual problem-solving skills and sound business knowledge with exceptional numerical and statistical ability
- Strong multi-tasking abilities, flexibility, patience in a fluid environment, and willingness to work in a demanding and results-oriented team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and comfortable interacting with senior level clients
- Highly proficient in analytics tools e.g. SAS, R, Access, Excel, Matlab, Python, SQL, VB, etc.
- Understanding of local Japanese business operations and working culture will be highly desirable
- Fluent in both English and Japanese
Who You'll Work WithYou will be part of our Advanced Analytics team and will be based in Tokyo.
What You'll Do
You will work alongside experienced McKinsey consultants to help our clients develop a comprehensive, situation-specific understanding of trends and opportunities.
This combination of industry, functional and analytics expertise enables our engagement teams to identify the biggest opportunities and anticipate and address potential barriers to impact – critical inputs towards deriving client recommendations. In every analytics engagement, you will be responsible for the entire analytics value chain including task definition, complex data analysis and modeling, data interpretation, generation of insights, implementation, and client delivery.
As part of client engagement opportunities, you will be exposed to real business situations and gradually enhance analytical capabilities, build up industry and functional knowledge as well as, hone critical skills such as problem-solving and in communication. Over time, a clearly defined career path is in place to help you progress and continuously develop relevant skills and experience.
Back to top