Advanced Analytics Specialist
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline (Mathematics/Statistics/ Physics/Econometrics/Computer Science/Math Engineering or related degree programs); PhD preferred.
- More than two years of work experience in quantitative analysis/modeling at a top-tier institution.
- Experience in and knowledge of modeling techniques, predictive advanced analytics techniques, statistics, econometrics, and/or optimization. In particular, advanced knowledge of machine learning, statistical techniques, data mining (regression, decision trees, clustering, random forests, generalized linear models, etc.).
- Deep experience with analytical software (especially R or SAS), solid working knowledge of scripting languages (e.g., Python), relevant programming skills (e.g., Java), and database experience (SQL or NoSQL) are beneficial, additional knowledge of other statistical software (SPSS, RapidMiner, etc.) is helpful.
- Strong international experience and professional service-oriented attitude.
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively.
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities.
- Fluency in English and Italian.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment at all levels of an organization.
Who You'll Work With
Building upon your own ideas and experience, you will work with our consultants and data scientists in international teams and within the Research & Analytics department of the McKinsey's Milan Office.
You will be part of the Advanced Analytics (AA) group, which is tasked with developing analytical tools to help our clients make data a competitive advantage in many different industries.
What You'll Do
You will be at the center of the McKinsey's analytical engine, to carry out complex data analysis and modeling, providing tailored quantitative solutions for our client projects.
Often responsible for the entire analytical process – from task definition to implementation and interpretation of results to delivery to the client – you will develop advanced models and tools, conduct statistical analyses, evaluate large data sets, and create machine learning tailored models.
In your work, you will use a broad range of internal and external sources, including access to an outstanding knowledge and analytical international network of experts.
If you wish to apply, please attach your cover letter and resume, both in Italian and English.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top