Advanced Analytics Consultant - Process Industries
- A Master's degree in Chemistry or Civil engineering with a specialization in a technical field, from a leading university with excellent academic qualifications
- Entrepreneurial mindset with strong client hands-on understanding of the core client challenges, analytics problems behind and translating this into actionable work plans for clients
- Comprehensive practical knowledge in maintenance of manufacturing - ideally gained in a process industry (i.e. manufacturing/production of chemicals, food, steel, metals, mining, etc.)
- Experience with process simulation tools such as AspenTec
- Experience with statistical software packages (Minitab, Matlab Statistica, etc.)
- Experience with analytics using R/Python/SAS
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual skills
- Initiative taking and creative, and able to work well both on your own and in a team
- Confident and enthusiastic
- Strong communication skills, especially around breaking down complex structures into digestible and relevant points for a diverse set of clients and colleagues, at all levels
- Fluency in either French or Dutch, together with English
- Willingness to travel
Who You'll Work With
You will work with our Advanced Analytics team as part of our Global Energy & Materials (GEM) practice.
Our GEM practice supports clients in a wide range of industries including chemicals, steel, mining, pulp & paper, electric power and natural gas, among other on the way to operational excellence.
What You'll Do
You will serve as a manufacturing and predictive maintenance expert on consultant teams that lead McKinsey clients to higher levels of operating performance.
Typical clients are active in manufacturing or production in a wide range of industries (chemicals, steel, mining, food, etc.). You will be instrumental in the analysis of client requirements as well as in the design and implementation of McKinsey's proprietary programs to transform client's operations. Your main challenge is to understand the client's manufacturing and maintenance process from the shop floor, to identify the critical data in terms of performance and reliability, and to customize our software solution to optimize performance in terms of Yield, Energy, Throughput and Predictive Maintenance.
You will coach the client to be able to run further optimizations independently. In addition of working directly with clients, you will also exchange knowledge with colleagues at international level, contribute to developing both your own and your expertise, and refining our approaches in the areas of advanced process optimization via big data and lean production.
Today, achieving excellence in production operations has become an increasing source of competitive advantage. Are you interested in developing innovative solutions to improve production system performance and jointly implementing them with our clients? Are you looking for a professional environment where you can continually develop your own knowledge and skills? If so, this opportunity may be right for you.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top