Advanced Analytics Consultant Milan - Risk Management
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline (statistics, mathematics, or physics)
- 3+ years' work experience in analytical services oriented toward risk management in the banking sector
- Significant experience with analytic/software (e.g., MATLAB, Python) and SQL databases
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s)
- Willingness to travel
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Risk practice in Milan, Italy. This global practice supports clients in many different industries facing challenges of developing and implementing tailored concepts for risk recognition, measurement, and control.
What You'll Do
You will work with client teams to solve clients' business-related problems of a primarily quantitative nature by conducting state-of-the-art quantitative analyses across the risk management spectrum in the banking sector.
Activities include tool building, implementation, and maintenance, and your role will encompass three broad sets of responsibilities: client support and development, knowledge development, and knowledge transfer and practice development.
In this role, you will work at a client location as part of a consulting team in order to conduct comprehensive quantitative analyses to be used as a basis for implementing risk-based decision frameworks and for making strategic decisions.
You'll also have the opportunity to advance McKinsey's overall knowledge base by providing rigorous analysis to and problem solving for our proprietary knowledge investments. At more senior levels, you'll also focus on developing new analytical approaches and techniques, working with a global network of colleagues in order to codify existing knowledge and develop new knowledge.
Back to top