Actuary Analyst - Healthcare Analytics & Delivery
- 2-5 years of work experience in actuarial domain (preferably health insurance)
- Minimum 4 papers, preferably CT4, CT5 and CT6
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use statistical software packages such as SAS, SPSS, VBA, R and database software packages such as SQL will be an advantage
- Ability to actively contribute in the team, with various backgrounds, in a dynamic, complex and fast-paced environment
- Strong individual contributor to the team with the ability to solve all kind of analytical challenges
- Ability to develop project plans, manage day-to-day tasks and meet deadlines
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Healthcare Analytics group in Gurgaon. Healthcare Analytics part of McKinsey Solutions and McKinsey's New Ventures.
Our Healthcare Analytics group leverages a big-data analytics platform that includes 100 terabytes of integrated claim, encounter, clinical, consumer, and other data. The team consists of 200 dedicated experts and 250 affiliated professionals with industry, advanced analytics, statistics, clinical, and software expertise, all of whom work to design, deliver, and operate advanced analytic tools to help healthcare clients around the world.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You'll work on extracting and analyzing healthcare regulatory data.
You'll develop understanding of product features, pricing assumptions, provider networks and rate filings in US healthcare domain. You'll be involved in developing and maintenance of healthcare data assets, assisting team members in developing actuarial models and analysis for various line of businesses and customer segments.
You'll also help senior team members in problem solving and providing insights and value additions.
Back to top