Actuarial Consultant - Risk Management
- An advanced degree in Actuarial Science, Finance, Financial Engineering, or Applied Mathematics
- Outstanding record of academic achievement
- At least 3 years of actuarial work experience oriented towards risk management in the insurance sector as well as/or a PhD
- Exceptional ability in working with numbers and statistics
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and the local office language(s)
- Willingness to travel
Who You'll Work With
You'll work as part of our Risk practice in one of our offices in Germany. This global practice supports clients in many different industries facing challenges of developing and implementing tailored concepts for risk recognition, measurement, and control.
What You'll Do
You will be dedicated to working with client teams to solve client-business-related problems of a primarily quantitative nature.
Consultants as Practice Specialists (actuaries) support clients by conducting state-of-the-art quantitative analyses across the risk management spectrum in the property and casualty and life insurance sector. You will work at a client location as part of a consulting team to conduct comprehensive quantitative analyses to be used as a basis for making strategic decisions in the area of risk management in insurances services.
You will have the opportunity to advance McKinsey's overall knowledge base by providing rigorous analyses of and problem solving for our proprietary knowledge investments. At more senior levels, you will also focuses on developing new analytical approaches and techniques. You'll also collaborate with a global network of colleagues in order to codify existing knowledge and develop new knowledge.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top