Accountant / Analyst - Bilingual
- Bachelors' degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field required (MBA and/or CPA is preferred)
- Bilingual in Portuguese or Spanish - business level fluency
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and working knowledge of other Microsoft Office software
- Proven self-starter
- Excellent organizational ability and keen attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to perform well under pressure and meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Proactive approach to problem-solving
- Demonstrated ability to recognize problems, recommends solutions, and collaboratively implements changes.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
Who You'll Work With
You will work in our Tampa Service Center located in St. Petersburg, Florida as part of McKinsey's Finance & Accounting team.
McKinsey's Tampa Service Center (TSC) opened in May 2010 to provide Executive Assistant (EA) support to North America (NA) as well as Human Resources support. The TSC has expanded to become a hub for NA Finance and is home to 500+ colleagues within practice administration, recruiting, analytics, design, learning, benefits, and other roles.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for managing the budgeting, forecasting and revenue recognition for McKinsey & Company's client engagements.
You will be responsible for working directly with McKinsey & Company Partners to manage the financials on each engagement budget for the full lifecycle of a client engagement.
You will work with a variety of stakeholders to understand and deliver the analytical support needed to implement new procedures and ensure compliance with established revenue recognition policies.
You will be responsible for managing the financial aspect of the full lifecycle of a client engagement. Including performing variance analysis and monitoring and advising stakeholders on monthly financial reports. You'll also perform year-end and other occasional analyses as requested by Office Managers, Accounting Managers, and Firm Accounting and Audit Departments.
In regard to revenue management, you'll work with Partners and other firm stakeholders so that nonstandard arrangements (client investments, satisfaction hold-backs, and deferred billing arrangements) are managed properly and compliant.
You will monitor nonstandard WIPs (Work In Progress) in order to recover revenue if credit hold allows. You'll also assist in developing and running pricing reports to track and improve revenue management.
Back to top