- Bachelor's degree; CPA or MBA considered a plus
- 2+ years accounting or finance experience
- Computer literacy including strong knowledge of MS Excel
- Good understanding of general accounting concepts
- Ability to understand complex accounting processes and methodologies
- Excellent organizational ability and keen attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks; ability to perform well under pressure and meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Proactive approach to problem-solving
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong customer service mindset with the ability to communicate effectively and balance different stakeholder needs
- Ability to assess and drive improvements in the usefulness, delivery, and efficiency of data extraction and analyses. Exploit existing tools and assist in developing databases and spreadsheets that add functionality to existing tools in an efficient manner.
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials (General Ledger, FSG engine) considered a plus
Who You'll Work With
You will join our Tampa office and will be part of our firm Accounting team. This group is responsible for maintaining compliance with U.S. GAAP and internal accounting policies in external and internal reporting. The group provides primary oversight to system organization and configuration, controls the firm-wide chart of accounts (CoA) and maintains ownership of the firm's consolidated reports. The group also provides support to accounting managers, operations, and leadership.
What You'll Do
You will support firm Accounting by assuming ownership of our rapidly expanding organizational structure including the CoA, reporting and process hierarchies, consolidated report creation/maintenance and various other Oracle system set ups.
You will be responsible for performing the end-to-end process for all monthly Oracle CoA changes including gathering requests, performing analysis, providing recommendations and implementing in Oracle. You will review and curate the CoA utilizing standard naming conventions, managing multiple multidimensional hierarchies, analyzing usage, masterful understanding of segments and related attributes and strategizing value obsolescence. You will document and maintain CoA reference materials and communicate in a timely manner. You will own and maintain a suite of consolidated reports and reporting components that are consumed by multiple firm-wide reporting engines.
You will collaborate closely with Finance Systems colleagues to support the month end close process, oversee/assist with the implementation of new accounting entities and financial processes, and assist in general ticket resolution. In addition, you will perform a variety of finance operational projects that will improve processes and increase transparency in the finance organization.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top