At McGraw-Hill Education, we're accelerating learning to unlock the full potential of every learner. It's this vision that sets us apart, contributing to a brighter future where the science of learning improves educational outcomes for all learners. We're harnessing technology to enhance learning, both inside and outside of the classroom, deepening the connections between students and educators to empower greater success.
Our Higher Education Division delivers powerful platforms, highly personalized course materials, and effective learning supplements to help college students achieve their goals at every stage of their academic and professional careers. From ALEKS to Connect to LearnSmart, the products you'll work on are used around the globe. We have a passion for learning and believe that every student should have access to affordable, high-quality learning solutions designed to help them succeed.
The Technology Specialist will be responsible for the implementation of new digital products for customer use and the continual implementation of new features within those products, as well as the establishment of the product licensing needed to access and utilize those products, allowing students to register and utilize the products by ecommerce or pre-printed codes. The position works closely with DPG Engineering and Product Teams regularly regarding new features and approaches, and researches with customer facing issues to develop resolutions to more complex issues upon escalation to assist other groups, including Digital Product Engineering to determine root cause issues and resolutions.
Your contribution to the team includes:
• Executing processes and best practices needed to make digital products available for customer use, instructor or student.
• Defining resolutions to resolve digital product issue whether software or data as assigned.
• Documenting processes required for product implementation and access in order to train individuals in various MHE groups.
• Participating in the review and testing of tools for implementing new features and setting up digital products while providing input on potential enhancements. • Training in various technology and MHE product areas in order to have a more holistic approach to all activities.
What you'll need to be successful:
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Digital Product creation or Software Development.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent related professional experience and education.
• Knowledge of database structures, tables and data relationships. Oracle background preferred.
• Knowledge of and experience in using tools in multiple server environments such as FTP, telnet, command line Unix, and shell scripts.
• Knowledge of and experience in web-based product development and environments including browsers, web related applications and tools.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work under time pressures to ensure products are available and configured correctly.
Why work for McGraw -Hill Education? You'll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more.
North America-United States-Illinois-Chicago
Meet Some of McGraw-Hill Education's Employees
Resolution Care Specialist
Christine handles customer financial disputes by utilizing the Trade, Credit, and Collections Group to implement the best resolutions for the customer and the company.
Back to top