Technical Writer and Trainer
Technical Writer and Trainer
McGraw-Hill Education has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Writer and Trainer to support our Digital Platforms Group in Irvine, CA. The Technical Writer and Trainer gathers and documents requirements and specifications from internal subject matter experts, analyzes and documents current system functions, and transforms new concepts into clear functional and visual requirements.
Our Digital Platform Group is a world-class education tech team utilizing state-of-the-art technologies to deliver intuitive learning experiences.
DPG builds data-driven digital products that enhance teaching and improve learning outcomes. The team also conducts research and development targeted at new market opportunities in the quickly evolving education technology space. #LI-ML2
Join our DPG team and you'll assist in innovating learning technology and impacting the next generation of learners!
Your contribution to the team includes:
• Analyzing current and proposed system functions and complex technical information from specifications, prototypes, interviews with Subject Matter Experts, user stories, and other sources, and using that information to create documentation for non-technical internal audiences.
• Creating training materials such as PowerPoint presentations and release notes, and conducting live trainings/workshops with internal audiences to introduce new features and functionality.
• Conducting training for internal stakeholders on product developments.
• Coordinating and conducting internal trainings for development cycle releases, including creating scenarios to demonstrate the training material in a live environment.
• Effectively answering questions asked during the training and providing a follow-up communications to attendees, including responses to Frequently Asked Questions.
• Managing a documentation database and be a resource to internal stakeholders who are looking for documentation and internal training materials.
What you'll need to be successful:
• Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a related field (such as Computer Science, Instructional Design, Human Factors, English Literature, Communications, or Psychology)
• A minimum of three years of experience working for online and/or software companies as a Technical Writer or other related position
• Experience with publication layout and design principles, document creation software applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Adobe InDesign, Madcap Flare), graphics software applications for image cropping and image editing (Adobe Photoshop, Fireworks, SnagIt, etc.); more advanced graphic editing skills desired
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write in clear and concise language and tailor writing to different audiences, from highly technical engineers to beginner application users and non-users
• Acute attention to detail and ability to analyze complex systems for user flows
• Experience providing training and doing presentations to internal audiences on new systems and feature functionality.
When you join our team, you become part of a company that impacts millions of students and teachers every day. As a leader in the EdTech space, McGraw-Hill Education offers flexibility and collaboration while creating innovative products and impacting the next generation of students. Our mission is to unlock the potential of every learner and every employee.
Join us for a career where you'll grow both personally and professionally in a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
Back to top