Senior Academic Designer - 6-12 Assessment
As a leading education technology company, McGraw-Hill Education is focused on balancing digital transformation with traditional publishing to enhance student learning. McGraw-Hill Education has been a classroom staple for over 100 years by working to create new learning experiences that meet the changing needs of students and educators. Technology is the fabric of modern life, and McGraw-Hill Education is at the forefront of innovating new ways to join digital learning with education. Headquartered in New York City, McGraw-Hill Education has offices in key U.S. and global locations. We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Senior Academic Designer (Grades 6-12) within our Reading/Literacy group. Does this sound like you?
Senior Academic Designers are content and curriculum experts. They assemble high-quality content based on specific product requirements for programs and understanding the solution design. They collaborate with the Academic Design Directors and Product Managers to help develop the solution design (both conceptualization and implementation) for Grades 6-12. Depending on project needs, Senior Academic Designers are asked to take on specific project assignments, working with a small team of Academic Designers throughout the various stages of product development.
• Plan and develop assessment content for teacher and student materials-including print, digital, and media projects
•Develop prototypes, project proposals, and project scope documentation, as needed
• Contribute to budget forecasts and tracking
• Act as liaison between vendors, internal cross-functional teams, and Academic Design teams
• Coordinate with Project Managers, Design, Production and other cross-functional groups to establish workflows and maintain communication about project schedules/status
• Demonstrate strong understanding of item development and test construction.
•Produce accurate, error-free, high-quality program assessments that assess curriculum and align with high-stakes testing (SBAC, PARCC, SAT/ACT, AIR)
•Stay up to date on emerging educational/curriculum trends, educational technology, and research within field and adjacent to field Requirements:
• Assessment expertise in Reading/Language Arts for middle- and high-school
• Ability to create and visualize content for various delivery formats
• Highly organized, goal-oriented, and collaborative with ability to mentor and lead a small team of Academic Designers
• Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy, quality, and on-time delivery
• 5 years of editorial experience in assessment
• Teaching experience an advantage
• Extensive understanding of standards, including CCSS, and state/consortia testing
• Displays and acts with initiative, integrity, and professionalism
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, which include a thorough command of the English language, spelling, writing, and grammar and a strong attention to detail
• Effective organizational and time management skills; productive, efficient work habits and the ability to prioritize, multitask, and exhibit flexibility
• Diverse computer skills, expert-level in MS Office suite, proficiency with Adobe Acrobat and K4/InCopy markup
• Working knowledge of eLearning and digital object editing tools, HTML and CMS (Content Management Systems) - a plus Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You'll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally.
When you join our team, you become part of a company that impacts millions of students and teachers every day. As a leader in the EdTech space, McGraw-Hill Education offers flexibility and collaboration while creating innovative products and impacting the next generation of students. Our mission is to unlock the potential of every learner and every employee.
Join us for a career where you'll grow both personally and professionally in a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
Back to top