As a leading education technology company, McGraw-Hill Education is focused on balancing digital transformation with traditional publishing to enhance student learning. McGraw-Hill Education has been a classroom staple for over 100 years by working to create new learning experiences that meet the changing needs of students and educators. Technology is the fabric of modern life, and McGraw-Hill Education is at the forefront of innovating new ways to join digital learning with education. Headquartered in New York City, McGraw-Hill Education has offices in key U.S. and global locations. At McGraw-Hill Education, we believe that our contribution to unlocking a brighter future lies within the application of our deep understanding of how learning happens and how the mind develops. It exists where the science of learning meets the art of teaching.
Production Managers are responsible for managing full-service production with preferred suppliers for both print and digital projects. They are accountable for ensuring their assigned projects are produced within budgetary requirements, within schedule requirements, and with quality. Production Managers work with Creative, Digital Strategy Services, and Project Managers to develop production schedules and financial plans. They routinely attend leadership meetings to represent the needs of the Production team. Key Responsibilities
• Documents and manages Production resource planning process. Communicate supplier assignments and current scope of workload to Production and New Tech Leadership
• Creates Purchase orders prior to production start and supports suppliers in reviewing and monitoring progress against production budget through timely and accurate forecasting against spend.
• Spot-checks final deliverables and assures that suppliers have built and reviewed templates and go-bys from based on design prototype, interim print and digital deliverables for quality and accuracy against production file-building standards.
• Spot-checks final deliverables and assures that suppliers fully review final print and digital deliverables for any technical color, print, or file-building issues and submits archive downloads to Archiving department.
• Monitor and communicate vendor performance to supplier services as necessary.
• Lead development & updates of job-aids for peers in the use of new tools and processes.
• Contributes production budgets, schedules, and general production process expertise to Ideation / Proposal Process
• Participate in new approaches and enhancements to current production processes & best practices.
• Ensures production resources are creating product/component level schedules utilizing the most efficient workflow and includes turn times that allow each group to complete their tasks. Ensures team is monitoring schedules to ensure deadlines are met. Brainstorm strategies with team to maintain schedule deadlines.
• Assures that supplier PC resource schedules production launches that are timely and communicate project specs and timelines to vendor and project team.
• Expert analytical problem-solving
• Expert financial forecast and analysis skills
• Attention to detail, strong focus on core deliverables
• Understanding of Production and Project Management processes
• Excellent time management
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Strong proficiency in productivity software tools, ability to learn new tools quickly
• Clear communicator
When you join our team, you become part of a company that impacts millions of students and teachers every day. As a leader in the EdTech space, McGraw-Hill Education offers flexibility and collaboration while creating innovative products and impacting the next generation of students. Our mission is to unlock the potential of every learner and every employee.
Join us for a career where you'll grow both personally and professionally in a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
Back to top