When you join our team at McGraw-Hill Education, you become part of a company that impacts millions of students and teachers every day. As a leader in the EdTech space, McGraw-Hill Education offers flexibility and collaboration while creating innovative products and impacting the next generation of students. Our mission is to unlock the potential of every learner and every employee. With a career at McGraw-Hill Education, you'll grow both personally and professionally in a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
McGraw Hill Education are hiring a Prepress Supervisor. This person will be responsible for converting Word manuscripts and iconography into printable files which comply with the highest editorial industry standards. The successful candidate will be budget and deadline conscious, delivering on-time, premium quality, integral educational products. #LI-AN
Your contribution to the team includes:
• Ortotypographical reviews.
• Pedagogically sound and mistake free (there is no perfect book but each should aspire and
prove it's aspiration).
• Lead a group of diverse vendors (proof-readers, page composers, designers and editors) to
reach projected goals.
• Prepares files for print (is the first to review and the last before print, he is responsible for
the finished product, so much so that his name appears in the copyright page).
• Communicates needs between page composers and editors to deliver rich engaging
• Manages multiple projects at the same time, each with different needs and multiple factors
such as suppliers, clients, editors, budgets and schedules).
What you'll need to be successful:
• Knows how to prepare files for printing with different needs (1 ink, color selection, 2 inks,
multiple formats, indepth paper & binding experience)
• Great grammar and orthographical skills.
• Indepth knowdelege of type and print process.
• Critical thinking (able to distinguish patterns and terminology within a document to
produce coherent texts)
When you join our team, you become part of a company that impacts millions of students and teachers every day. As a leader in the EdTech space, McGraw-Hill Education offers flexibility and collaboration while creating innovative products that positively impact learning. Our mission is to unlock the potential of every learner and every employee.
Join us for a career where you'll grow both personally and professionally in a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
Back to top