The primary purpose of the Financial Analyst is to provide management with reporting for actuals, forecasts and budgets. This position is also responsible for numerous Finance analyses, supporting Global Supply Chain, and editing financial materials going to Corporate Finance.
Your contribution to the team includes:
• Monthly accounting, analyses, reporting and estimates for Global Supply Chain domestic and International operations; monthly analyses, reporting and estimates for the Global Supply Chain balance sheets
• Develops regular reporting and analysis to ensure that financial goals are met, including financial statements, key metrics reports, variance analysis, and ad hoc financial analysis as required
• Annual operating budget preparation for Global Supply Chain including expenses, balance sheet, capital expenditures and staffing for domestic and International operations
• Ensures financial management reporting tools and processes are in place to support the ongoing and future needs of the organization
• Develop TM1 reports to improve transparency for improved cost management and variance analyses on all NOI and EBITDA reporting
• Support of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) documentation and testing for Global Supply Chain
What you'll need to be successful:
• 2 plus years' experience in accounting or finance, including a thorough understanding of accounting standards generally accepted in the United States
• Proficiency in financial analysis
• Experience with budgeting, forecasting and analytics desired
• Strong experience in using Excel, Word, and PowerPoint for conducting analysis and summarizing reports
• Knowledge of TM1 is a plus or the incumbent must have the capability to learn the accounting applications through on the job training and internal or external training courses
• Capable of working in a team environment, as many projects require the talents of more than one person.
• Strong organization skills and a flexible attitude are essential
When you join our team, you become part of a company that impacts millions of students and teachers every day. As a leader in the EdTech space, McGraw-Hill Education offers flexibility and collaboration while creating innovative products and impacting the next generation of students. Our mission is to unlock the potential of every learner and every employee.
Join us for a career where you'll grow both personally and professionally in a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
Back to top