Associate Director, M&A and Strategy
At McGraw-Hill Education, we're accelerating learning to unlock the full potential of every learner. It's this vision that sets us apart, contributing to a brighter future where the science of learning improves educational outcomes for all learners. We're harnessing technology to enhance learning, both inside and outside of the classroom, deepening the connections between students and educators to empower greater success.
Our Higher Education Division delivers powerful platforms, highly personalized course materials, and effective learning supplements to help college students achieve their goals at every stage of their academic and professional careers. From ALEKS to Connect to LearnSmart, the products you'll work on are used around the globe. We have a passion for learning and believe that every student should have access to affordable, high-quality learning solutions designed to help them succeed.
The Associate Director M&A and Strategy will encompass a wide range of activities related to developing and executing M&A and strategy initiatives. Role will require collaborating with internal business partners to source targets, assess strategic fit, conduct financial and valuation analysis, manage due diligence, execute transactions, and support of post-merger integration plans.
Your contribution to the team includes:
• Supporting financial model development by M&A transaction champion and team.
• Managing and coordinating inbound M&A opportunities and requests.
• Coordinating the information flow, supervising calls and meetings between internal and external parties, as well as reviewing and analyzing target information.
• Providing financial analysis and recommendations on proposals for partnerships, mergers and acquisitions.
• Developing reports and supporting information for periodic reviews of strategic initiatives.
• Supporting and tracking progress on strategic initiatives and post-merger integration plans.
What you'll need to be successful:
• 4-6 years of experience in investment banking, private equity, corporate development and/or strategy or management consulting.
• Demonstrated high level of performance evidenced through annual reviews, bonuses, and recommendations.
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills, and confidence presenting to and working closely with senior management.
• Thorough knowledge of corporate finance and accounting.
• Ability to create, maintain and review financial models and valuation analyses.
• Strong analytical, conceptual and creative thinking, with ability to develop business insights and hypotheses.
• Ability to develop clear, concise and pragmatic findings and recommendations, and to prepare and deliver well-designed presentations.
Why work for McGraw -Hill Education? You'll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. #LI-LL1
When you join our team, you become part of a company that impacts millions of students and teachers every day. As a leader in the EdTech space, McGraw-Hill Education offers flexibility and collaboration while creating innovative products and impacting the next generation of students. Our mission is to unlock the potential of every learner and every employee.
Join us for a career where you'll grow both personally and professionally in a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
Meet Some of McGraw-Hill Education's Employees
Resolution Care Specialist
Christine handles customer financial disputes by utilizing the Trade, Credit, and Collections Group to implement the best resolutions for the customer and the company.
Back to top