Sales Representative - K-12 NY
Our innovative solutions reach students in new ways and achieve better results in the classroom and beyond. From math and science to health and art, the work the School team does impacts the next generation of learners.
McGraw-Hill has an opening for an experienced and strategic K-12 Sales Representative in New York. Reporting to a District Sales Manager, the Sales Representative is responsible for managing sales for a variety of instructional materials, programs, and services. This individual will create and execute strategic business territory plans that will increase sales according to company growth expectations.
Your contribution to the team includes:
• Attaining and surpassing sales goals, with the proven ability to develop and build customer relationships to maintain and expand market penetration.
• Creating and executing marketing and strategic territory plans, with excellent organization and follow through.
• Conducting successful sales presentations and conducting and coordinating in-service presentations.
• Understanding how the business makes money and demonstrating an ability to negotiate and manage resources based on corporate policy and profitability.
• Using appropriate written and verbal communication skills internally and externally to facilitate a desired outcome.
• Managing company resources, including the company-provided vehicle, company credit card, home office and computer equipment.
What you'll need to be successful:
• Bachelor's degree.
• At least three years of sales experience in K-12 educational publishing or EdTech services (or significant experience in ELA, Mathematics, Social Studies, and Secondary Languages.
• Evidence of handling multiple large projects at once.
• A deep understanding of the use of technology in an educational instructional environment as it relates to educational infrastructures, such as platforms and curricula.
• Evidence of being organized, territory management capabilities, and resolving issues and problems in a fast-paced environment.
• Microsoft software skills: Outlook and Power Point (basic), Word and Excel (intermediate).
• Experience with CRM database (Salesforce).
Sales Representatives must be highly organized self-starters, with the ability to understand the ever-changing needs of educators and students. Ideal candidates will have a strong desire to use their educational backgrounds to drive sales through creative and innovative solutions. We embody the values we hope to inspire in all students by being fun, hard-working and passionate.
As an education innovation company, we're proud to play our part by inspiring learners around the world. If you bring your curiosity, we'll help you grow in a collaborative environment where everyone shares a passion for success.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Apply for a career at McGraw-Hill and together, we'll impact the world.
Back to top