Sales Representative (Grades 6-12)
- Flexible / Remote
Impact the Moment
When was the last time you experienced the impact of your work? Our School Sales Representative teams thrives on building meaningful relationships. With that comes the unique opportunity to touch lives across the country and experience first-hand the difference your hard work makes.
As a Sales Representative, you'll focus on selling Core and Personalized Solutions (ALEKS, Reveal Math, StudySync & Inspire Science) to our Grades 6-12 customer base, focusing on new and expansion business. The School Sales Representative position will eventually require 50-75% travel and require overnight travel 1-2 nights per week. The candidate must be within the Kansas City or Wichita Metro area. If you're curious and passionate about education - join us as we open doors. You'll work in an enriching, collaborative environment where we create opportunities for learners and celebrate successes. Why? Because learning changes everything.
Your impact on the team
We're looking for fresh, new approaches to serving our customers. In this role, you'll be directly partnering with School Administrators, Educators, Technology Directors, Department Chairs, AP & CCR Directors focused around Solution Based Selling.
What is this role about?
• Attaining and surpassing sales goals, with the proven ability to develop and build customer relationships to maintain and expand market penetration.
• Creating and executing marketing and strategic territory plans, with excellent organization and follow through.
• Conducting successful sales presentations and conducting and coordinating in-service presentations.
• Understanding how the business makes money and demonstrating an ability to negotiate and manage resources based on corporate policy and profitability.
• Using appropriate written and verbal communication skills internally and externally to facilitate a desired outcome.
• Managing company resources, including the company-provided vehicle, company credit card, home office and computer equipment (75% travel).
We're looking for someone with...
• Bachelor's degree required.
•2+ years sales experience in K-12 educational publishing or EdTech services strongly preferred.
• Experience working with internal cross functional teams including Product Development, Product Marketing and Software Development.
• A deep understanding of the use of technology in an educational instructional environment as it relates to educational infrastructures, such as platforms and curricula.
• Evidence of being organized, territory management capabilities, and resolving issues and problems in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience selling digital or Saas products preferred.
• Microsoft software skills: Outlook and Power Point (basic), Word and Excel (intermediate).
• Experience with a CRM database (we use Salesforce) strongly preferred.
We have a collective passion for the work we do and a curiosity to find new solutions. If you share our determination, together we will drive learning forward.
As an education innovation company, we're proud to play our part by inspiring learners around the world. If you bring your curiosity, we'll help you grow in a collaborative environment where everyone shares a passion for success.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Apply for a career at McGraw Hill and together, we'll impact the world.
Back to top