Product Manager - K5 Math (Evergreen)
Product Managers are responsible for maximizing the value of the assigned product lines and supporting Product Management's accountability for the overall performance of the portfolio. The Product Manager facilitates research to secure market and customer data to support development decisions made by the product line leadership; and works with the cross-functional team to ensure a successful execution of the product line strategy. The Product Manager works to guide communication and collaboration of the cross-functional team in an efficient and effective manner to ensure that the execution of the product plan is aligned to the requirements. Product Managers must be willing to develop deep understanding of the assigned product(s), market segments, and customers. They must be able to develop a strong understanding of the competitive landscape and the customer needs relevant in the assigned segment. #LI-MJK
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Support the overall strategic vision and plan for products and the entire portfolio in order to achieve or exceed strategic goals for market share, top-line, and profit growth.
- Works well in a cross-functional environment and is an active member of the team looking to solve problems and remove barriers.
- Work with the Director to manage a profitable P&L and develop a strategic business plan for assigned portfolio.
- Support and assist in leading product and portfolio cross-functional decision making and planning. Align forecasting and measurement of progress towards goals. Responsible for supporting business case(s) for investment decisions.
- Supports the team in meeting investment and delivery requirements and supports the management of the product lifecycle for products in the portfolio.
- Fully understands and tracks all product activity that affects assigned portfolio, including any product launches/enhancements and competitor movement.
- Partners closely with marketing and sales teams to seed and secure adoptions. Participates in appropriate Development and Marketing activities.
- Works to be in a position to provide thought leadership on business model strategies, setting business goals and input on pricing strategies.
- Work with platform experts to define required technology specifications and determine how proposed products/services can integrate with existing McGraw-Hill Education platforms in order to solve customer problems.
What you'll need to be successful:
• Bachelor's Degree required
• 3-5 years of experience relevant product management, marketing, sales and/or development
• Displays practical business sense, fiscal skills and accountability; experience in budgeting, project approval, and forecasting spending
• Ability to approach planning and execute in a strategic, organized and fiscally responsible manner. Ability to analyze, summarize and synthesize varied inputs to a cohesive, engaging solution vision and profitable programs; must think and act strategically while demonstrating the hands-on skills necessary to deliver high-quality product solutions
• Ability to analyze, summarize and synthesize varied inputs to a cohesive, engaging solution vision and profitable programs; must think and act strategically while demonstrating the hands-on skills necessary to deliver high-quality product solutions
• Drive for Results. "Can-do" attitude and persistence; leading cross-functional team in the same fashion.
• Interpersonal Savvy. Outstanding communication skills along with the capacity to work within corporate and entrepreneurial environments.
• Sales, go-to-market sensibility and savviness in decision making, designs, marketability and competitiveness of their products is an area being developed
• Creativity. Ability to champion and execute market-oriented new and innovative approaches, ideas, methods, processes, products and services.
• Excellence at developing and articulating vision and strategy that meet business goals; strong presentation and communication skills.
• Highly organized and able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment. Displays and acts with initiative, integrity, and professionalism.
• Collaborative, experienced team player with problem-solving skills who is dedicated to meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
• Possess deep understanding of basic financial and business metrics, including P&L statements, conversion rates, sell-through, market share, attrition, gross margin, customer satisfaction, and retention rates.
An Evergreen posting is a campaign for future opportunities with McGraw-Hill. We are currently sourcing talent to build a pipeline of qualified, interested individuals for this job function. By applying to this Evergreen posting, you are expressing your interest in this job function with McGraw-Hill.
Back to top