Manager, Quality Engineering
Come join our growing Digital Platform Group (DPG) with McGraw-Hill Education. You'll create innovative, digital learning solutions in an environment that feels like a startup, but has the foundation of a successful EdTech company. Contributing to this group means you'll utilize state-of-the-art technologies to deliver intuitive learning experiences. We build data-driven digital products that are used by millions of students around the globe. As both our business and the EdTech space quickly evolve, we need hard-working, passionate people to be a part of our dynamic team. #LI-LL2
Your contribution to the team includes:
• Manage internal and/or external QE team members and ensure they maintain quality standards. Hire necessary staff to support department efforts.
• Maintain high quality standards for digital products generating multi-million dollars in stand alone digital revenue and supporting multi-million dollar K-12 School business.
• Responsibility for quality of state submission technology components for core reading and math programs, directly affecting ability to sell in state adoptions.
• Reduce product QA costs by introducing innovation and effective strategies across QA cycle.
• Mentor and be a resource to onshore and offshore Test Engineers responsible for analysis, test case identification, test plan creation and test case execution using Agile Methodologies for along with visibility/reporting around these activities, knowledge transfer and cross-training.
• Organize and record detailed test results, provide reports and general visibility of results and project/task status, work with development teams through the design and test stages to ensure strict adherence to business requirements and to improve upon new and existing features where applicable, and log detailed and accurate defect reports and follow the defects through to resolution and closure.
• Ability to communicate directly with customers to assist with implementation issues or to develop custom integration of applications.
• Assures the viability, functionality and effectiveness of essential tools.
• Anticipates program release problems and takes corrective action, escalating as needed, to resolve and achieve commitments.
What you'll need to be successful:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in software engineering, quality engineering or related field and ten or more years of experience with software quality engineering required and four or more years of QE management experience.
• Prior Behavioral Driven Development (BDD) or Test Driven Development (TDD) background that is competent in test script/framework automation using open source tools and languages (Java, Perl, Ruby, Python, etc.).
• Strong knowledge of CI CD processes and tools like Circle CI, Jenkins etc.
• Technical/Programming background required and experience in languages like perl, python, go, scala, java.
• Strong knowledge of Agile testing practices, such as ATDD, BDD, TDD, and Agile/Scrum.
• Experiencing implementing 3rd party services such as BrowserStack or SauceLabs and experience with DynaTrace, SumoLogic or similar tools will be a strong plus.
• Must have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability while remaining calm under pressure.
• Excellent communication and inter personal skills with ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences. Able to present and communicate own ideas, debate and defend under scrutiny.
• The position will be able to analyze software gaps and make recommendations to improve overall software quality.
When you join our team, you become part of a company that impacts millions of students and teachers every day. As a leader in the EdTech space, McGraw-Hill offers flexibility and collaboration while creating innovative products that positively impact learning. Our mission is to unlock the potential of every learner and every employee.
Join us for a career where you'll grow both personally and professionally in a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
Back to top