Integration Services Technical Business/Development Analyst
Global Technology Services provides leading-edge IT tools and services, including Enterprise Shared Services, Infrastructure and Hosting services, Cyber Security, and IT Operations. GTS supports the use of technology to change how people work together, allowing for greater collaboration and flexibility, while maintaining a secure environment.
The Technical Business/Development Analyst is responsible for translating high-level business needs into detailed requirements and to work with the appropriate technical architect to produce clear and accurate functional and technical specification documents to define solutions to diverse problems. To work with development teams to build and test solutions in integration platforms. Ability to learn and use Integration tools for monitoring and automated testing. #LI-DT1
Your contribution to the team will include:
• Provide functional and back office application expertise among a team of business solution analysts and functional architects to provide solutions to diverse problems for our business units in McGraw-Hill Education
• Determine underlying issues to common business problems and use appropriate influencing negotiation, and change management techniques to implement best practice solutions
• Work with the offshore vendor (TCS) team on the requirements documentation, functional design, solution development, assembly testing, and User Acceptance Testing of Integration enhancements/upgrades. Actively network within the McGraw-Hill community to address standards business needs as well as proactively identify long and short-term solutions, systematic and procedural, to improve efficiencies of McGraw-Hill's back office integrations
• Work with Customer Service Managers, shared services, leadership in CSOM and other professionals in the business units and corporate groups, as well as technology personnel in corporate departments, the education business segment technology group (GTS), and onshore and offshore development resources
What you'll need to be successful:
• Bachelor's degree in business, education, a technical discipline, or equivalent experience Minimum of 5 years' experience in application development
• 2 years of Oracle SOA suite R12 as a developer, Oracle ERP experience (or equivalent) and Oracle E-Business Suite, R12 is strongly preferred
• Thorough understanding of application development lifecycle
• Good understanding of integration patterns and Architectures
• Experience with applications such as: Informatica, Tibco. LDAP PL/SQL a plus
• Strong business and analytical skills to assess business requests and translate the information into business requirements. Ability to work with development staff and integration architects to define and implement solutions
• Excellent communication skills are also required, written and oral, to effectively describe technical system capabilities to the business teams, helping them achieve the highest level of benefits from the functionality provided by the application
When you join our team, you become part of a company that impacts millions of students and teachers every day. As a leader in the EdTech space, McGraw-Hill offers flexibility and collaboration while creating innovative products that positively impact learning. Our mission is to unlock the potential of every learner and every employee.
Join us for a career where you'll grow both personally and professionally in a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
Back to top