Director Test Engineering
- Hamilton, NJ
Build the future
Our favorite part of the job is the feeling we have from developing cutting-edge digital learning products that disrupt the education industry. In the role of Director Test Engineering, you work on innovative projects that truly test the limits of possibility, so we can empower learning for everyone.
How can you make an Impact?
The Director Test Engineering will be leading the Quality Engineering group and report to the Head/VP of Quality, Performance Engineering, and Testing. You will oversee a team of testing managers/performance engineering experts and will be responsible for monitoring the performance, availability, and quality of all platforms and services utilized by millions of students.
You will be building, maintaining and enhancing test engineering culture and finding automation synergies to achieve our mission of impacting and unlocking the potential for every learner across the globe.
What can you expect from the position?
- Providing technical leadership, career development, and mentoring to team members.
- Assigning areas of ownership, ensure engineers have clear priorities and adequate resources.
- Maintaining high morale and motivate engineers to go above and beyond.
- Work directly with Business, Engineering, and SREs to ensure we build high performing products.
- Design and Develop Automated Performance and test Engineering frameworks and dashboards.
- Partner with engineering on quality initiatives and shifting quality left.
- Performance Test planning, strategy, reporting and develop efficient monitoring for performance, availability and production usage.
- Innovate, create performance engineering road-maps and ensure McGraw-Hill products have enough hardware capacity to serve existing workloads as well as future forecasted load.
- Opportunity to lead A class performance and test engineering shop and work with the latest tech stacks for the entire digital suite of applications.
- Lead/Grow and mentor a team of excellent performance test engineers.
What can you bring to the role?
- Expertise in performance and test engineering techniques and processes, designing/modelling large performance tests, implementing continuous integration and deployment methodologies for test engineering, understand business requirements and convert it into performance needs including end user transactions management and workload.
- Look for synergies in functional and performance test automation and expertise with Application performance and quality monitoring tools.
- Experience in API benchmarking, API level testing, CICD implementation, Scalability, Site Reliability
- Ability to monitor the test environment and to be able to extract meaningful monitoring data to aid in load test runs. Expertise in nderstanding various components that comprise a test/production environment.
- Experience in Docker containers, Kuternetes, ECS, cloud computing preferably AWS, test engineering tools such as StormRunner, Jmeter, LoadUI, protractor, selenium or similar is highly desirable.
- Capable of technical deep-dives into code, networking, operating systems, and storage, yet verbally and cognitively agile enough to hold your own in a strategy discussions
- Negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills - Strong oral and written communication skills; presentation skills Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving ability.
- Hands-on technical experience combined with strong management and communication skills.
Back to top