Business Analyst / Functional Consultant - Oracle EBS
Build the Future
Do you enjoy testing the limits of possibility? At McGraw-Hill, our Business Analysts drive progress and help build the future of learning. If you have the passion and technical expertise to thrive in an innovative and agile environment, we want to learn more about you.
Your impact on the team:
You'll ensure the integration and operation of our back-office applications, websites, and learning platforms. With your passion for problem-solving, you'll find solutions for diverse issues by creating clear and accurate technical specification documents. You'll also translate high-level business needs into detailed requirements.
What can you expect from the position?
- Conduct reviews and analysis of business and information technology processes.
- Identify client requirements through interviews, workshops and/or existing systems documentation or procedures.
- Identify customer requirements, write functional designs, review technical designs, develop test scripts, review testing plans, and track and document their development and results.
- Determine underlying issues to common business problems and use negotiation and change management techniques to implement best practice solutions.
- Partner with offshore vendor team on the requirements documentation, functional design, solution development, assembly testing, and User Acceptance Testing of Integration enhancements.
- Actively network within the company to address business needs and identify long and short-term solutions-systematic and procedural-to improve efficiencies of McGraw-Hill's back-office integrations
What can you bring to the role?
- Bachelor's degree in business, education, a technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in application development.
- Oracle ERP experience (or equivalent), Oracle E-Business Suite, R12 is strongly preferred.
- Oracle SOA suite, R12 experience as a developer.
- Thorough understanding of application development lifecycle.
- Good understanding of integration patterns and Architectures.
- Experience with applications such as: Informatica, Tibco. LDAP PL/SQL a plus.
Join the Blacklick office!
The Blacklick office is conveniently located off I-270, making your morning commute a breeze as well as offering quick trips to downtown Columbus, OSU campus, and Easton. Enjoy the complimentary coffee and teas in the onsite cafeteria or take your lunch on the patio in nice weather. The close-knit community at Blacklick regularly comes together for activities, parties, and charitable-giving events throughout the year. The collaborative-style workspaces enhance the strong sense of community in the office.
Back to top