Technical Product Manager- Restaurant Technologies- Global
- Chicago, IL
Refer A Friend
McDonald's is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald's, but to build a better McDonald's.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we've launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
The Technical Product Manager for Restaurant Technology will be responsible for the technical direction, strategy, overall prioritization, design, development, and market readiness of hardware, operating systems & software that enable the POS features and capabilities within our restaurants.
What you'll be doing:>
- Establish a technical vision and strategy for RT products, specifically focusing on McDonald's hardware, operating systems & software that enable the Point of Sale system
- Drive technical direction for the overall platform and its products, participate in any relevant partner selection, and lead a development organization to deliver these products
- Lead critical transformation efforts to modernize the McDonald's restaurant technology stack (hardware and software) to support Point of Sale and reduce complexity and time to deploy
- Lead the definition of product requirements using input from various sources including external sources such as market trends, technology innovations, industry standards, bold intelligence, and customer research, as well as internal sources such as analytics, marketing, operations, and customer feedback.
- Understand and anticipate operations, crew, customer and business needs in order to develop solution
- Define and drive priorities for engineering sprints and product releases
- Build and execute optimization experiments to validate and optimize features
- Craft business cases to support feature prioritization
- Lead a team and maintain organized oversight of specific product delivery schedules to ensure the proper balance of speed, features, timing, and integration with other functions, in tight coordination with Program Management
- Work closely with peer product owners and managers across all channels and capabilities to prioritize initiatives, share insights on customer demands, identify opportunities for teamwork, and coordinate product development and delivery
- Collaborate across functions (e.g. Market partners, IT, and Program Management) to ensure the timely delivery of products
- A bias toward action and incremental improvements
- Computer Science / Engineering degree
- Extensive Agile Product Management experience, preferably on customer-facing products leading agile development teams.
- Strong quantitative analysis skills; analytics mindset and skills in research and analysis
- A passion for driving an improved customer experience as well as a passion for improving operations
- A love of new technologies and the drive to find ways to implement better tools and processes
- Retail and Digital technology experience - point of sale hardware systems, networking, windows client and server operating systems, active directory
- Experience in integrating different technologies
- Experience translating customer needs into product features
- Strong ability to speak to, as well as collaborate with, engineers, project managers, corporate leadership, and partners
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and managing indirect reports to achieve organizational goals
- Experience and expertise in project and product planning, including product definition, feature prioritization, trade-off processes, and roadmap creation
- Curious, task-oriented, and a self-starter with a strong bias for action; Proven track record of "getting things done"
- Customer-centric mindset with a passion for discovering consumer behavior, trends, and opportunities for innovation
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Back to top