Refer A Friend
McD Tech Labs is the recently established Silicon Valley based technology development group within McDonald's Corporation. Our mission is to deliver advanced technology solutions that address real-world, data driven needs in the McDonald's Restaurant environment. We are focused on using state-of-the-art Machine Learning, AI, and related technologies along with McDonald's unparalleled scale to completely transform the customer experience!
We are seeking to hire aStaffEngineer to join our growingapplied researchteamin Core Technology! This isahands-on technical leadership rolereporting to the Director of Speech & Machine Learning,where you will spend most of your timewriting code,with additional responsibilities supporting appliedresearcherswith design and integration expertise,and mentorship of other hardworking engineers.We are looking for someone who has extensive experience wrangling large Python codebasesused both for research and production applications.
AsaStaffEngineer, you will have the technical authority toguide other engineersin our core technology team to tackle sophisticated algorithmic challenges,ship novel AI features, and refactor and improve existing code.
- Design, implement, and improve Core Application frameworks and platforms in Python, including identifying and correcting problematic code and design patterns
- Creatively balance the demands of production-level software engineering with exploratory research and development
- Lead by exampleonthe use ofindustry Best Practices for software engineering, including policy judgments on code style, API design, documentation, development patterns, and libraryuse
- Drivethe development and application of tools for managing complex datadependencies
Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineeringor similar field, or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of professional experience developing software inPython
- 3+ years of experience in Linux environments
- Quick learner and ability to rapidly contribute to the team
- Comfortable rapidly prototyping solutions to novel problems
- Professional experience with multilingual / localized software applications
- Experienceusingmachine learning toolkits such asPyTorch,Tensorflow, MXNet, or similar
- Professional experience with C++, Java, or Go
- Experience withConversational AI,Speech Recognition, Natural Language Processing, or other related fields
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.