Sr. Director, International Diversity Equity Inclusion
- London, United Kingdom
Refer A Friend
McDonald's is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald's, but to build a better McDonald's.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we've launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Diversity IS> Inclusion> of race, gender, culture, identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, ability, experience, language, expression, and more. With our Global Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion> Strategy the company seeks to advance diversity as an imperative for our business across the McDonalds three-legged stool. The Global DEI Strategy is enterprise-wide. As a result, there is an immediate need to support the International Operated Markets> and International Developmental Licensed Markets> distinctively, with agency and urgency given the fulfillment needs of the DEI Strategy, and the Global People Plans.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Sr. Director of International Diversity, Equity & Inclusion is a newly built position and will report directly to the Global Chief Diversity Officer and indirectly to the IOM CPO. The selected candidate:
- Direct and advise the Global DEI partnerships with each International Markets Executive, Function, and People Leadership to support, improve, and influence business goals.
- Manage and align the DEI Strategy's development, deployment, communication, and operations initiatives.
- Work directly with the IOM Chief People Officers and IDL People Leads.
- Capable of managing plans and execute deliverables for "C to C" (Crew to C-Suite) to build market-specific initiatives, campaigns, and processes.
- Strong emphasis on historic, contemporary, and anticipated cultural norms.
- Proven ability to facilitate education and lead training across the markets.
- Previous experience with unconscious bias, courageous conversations, inclusive leadership, and cross-cultural competencies and communications
- Support the development of function-specific DEI talent management for diversity dashboards and scorecards for analysis, planning, and storytelling.
- Serve as the International Market leader for the growth and development of Global Employee Business Network memberships and strategic plans!
- Work to identify International Market's external key Influencers, advocacy leaders, and diversity organizations in order to develop key resource partnerships and insights for the enterprise.
- This person will work in partnership with the Reputation and Communications teams to build local DEI narratives and one-voice messaging across sectors of employees/workforce, owners/operators, and suppliers.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors or Master's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated experience and practice in DEI leadership, strategy deployment, and facilitation for business results in a diverse group of international markets.
- You have a proven track record to design, implement, and execute initiatives for scale and sustainability.
- You have proven analytical skills and the ability to provide cultural insights, emerging market demographic analysis, and socio-economic conditions and indicators.
- Demonstrated proficiency and knowledge to drive the utilization of technology and digital platforms.
- Outstanding proficiency in mentoring, influencing/teambuilding.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a persuasive communicator with a demonstrated ability to guide, mentor, and encourage others.
- Strong relationship builder with various partners within a large and highly complex global organization.
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Back to top