Senior UX Designer
- Chicago, IL
Refer A Friend
McDonald's is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald's, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we're excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every single requirement!
Come be a part of a team of designers passionate about creating inclusive products for McDonald's global customer base. You will be an integral part of our design system team, responsible for visual & interaction design for features across app, web, and kiosk. In this role you can expect to partner with McDonald's agency partners, internal product managers, UX researchers and report to the Sr. UX Design Manager for Design System and QA.
Work with the Global Technology Product team to ensure the delivery of high fidelity designs, with particular focus on creating and modifying design patterns, specifications, and quality assurance through the agile design and development process.
- Work closely with product managers and developers to create, modify and deliver designs that scale across a variety of audiences, abilities, devices and platforms.
- Review and ensure designs are accurately executed by development teams.
- Contribute to, maintain, and utilize McDonald's first global design system.
- Effectively collaborate with the product and development teams to understand business, technical and user requirements and dependencies.
- Communicate designs, verbally and visually, to stakeholders and other team members, and productively address any feedback.
- Provide clear documentation for your designs and work with development through the implementation process.
- Create mid-fidelity prototypes using Figma, InVision, Principle, and/or After Effects.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in omnichannel digital UI/UX design - native app design a must.
- Understanding of visual design principles, including layout, typography, color theory, and information hierarchy.
- Understanding of responsive/adaptive design principles including rapid iteration process and how to consider breakpoints and different displays.
- Experience creating, contributing to or consuming component-based design systems.
- Experience in Sketch, Figma, InVision, Keynote, PowerPoint, Excel, Jira, Confluence.
- Ability to concisely document and express interface and interaction guidelines that can be readily understood by leadership and applied by developers.
- Knowledge of WCAG accessibility standards.
- Experience working in Agile delivery environments where the pace is fast, continuous and a focus on execution is critical.
- Bachelor's Degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with or within a digital agency.
- Experience with motion design and front end development is a plus.
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Back to top