Senior Software Engineer - McD Tech Labs
- Mountain View, CA
Refer A Friend
McD Tech Labs is the recently established Silicon Valley based technology development group within McDonald's Corporation. Our mission is to deliver advanced technology solutions that address real-world, data driven needs in the McDonald's Restaurant environment. We are focused on using state-of-the-art Machine Learning, AI, and related technologies along with McDonald's unparalleled scale to completely transform the customer experience!
We are currently looking for skilled software engineers to work directly on the in-store AI Drive Through conversational agent stack. The primary responsibility of the Core Tech SWE is to work closely with computational linguists to accelerate the pace of stable and predictable development of Natural Language Understanding, Dialog, and other language-related components of our AI Drive Through Solution. This individual will work on the core logic, log telemetry, debugging tools, and robustification of an application that will reach 10s of millions of customers per day.
- Work with Computational Linguists and Machine Learning experts to improve Core Application frameworks.
- Help design, implement, and improve platforms in Python for managing conversation state, dialog flow, and applying voice actions in context.
- Build tooling to enable linguists and domain experts to easily make language and domain-related improvements, including localization.
- Continuous Incremental Refactoring to reduce execution risk and increase development velocity.
- Focus on firming up class hierarchies and business logic to be modular, testable, androbust.
- Maintain the cannon of "Best Practices" including the policy judgements made around code style, documentation conventions, calling patterns, and library use.
- Educate the engineering teams on standard methodologies, and where possible automate enforcement and migrate existing code to ensure compliance.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field, or equivalent experience
- Quick learner and ability to quickly contribute to the team
- 5+ years of professional experience developing software in Python
- 3+ years of experience in Linux environments
- Working familiarity with NLP applications and techniques
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, or similar
- Professional experience with conversational AI (chatbot, IVR, virtual assistant, etc.)
- Professional experience with multilingual / localized software applications
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Back to top