Senior Manager - Master Data Management (MDM)
- Chicago, IL
Refer A Friend
We are proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. McDonald's is people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the globe by building a workforce with different strengths who make delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy.
At McDonald's, we are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. We see every single day as a chance to have a lasting impact on our customers, our people and our partners. We will continue to pursue big, global initiatives while remaining kind neighbors and supporters of our local communities.
We are moving fast and are building a passionate team to help us. This means the company is looking for innovators, leaders, sprinters who are focused on crafting memorable experiences for our customers, employees and partners. Joining McDonald's means thinking big daily and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
The MCD Global Technology Data & Analytics team has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager, Master Data Management. In this role, you will own responsibility for coordinating master data management initiatives across our data product landscape to globally improve and progress McDonalds to a world class data management organization. Bridges the gap between the business customer and the technology solution providers by translating business needs to technical solutions throughout the lifecycle of the product. Coordinates and/or executes plans to ensure that technical solutions meet the needs of the business.
You will have extensive experience in a data warehouse environment facilitating requirements gathering sessions, documenting requirements, analyzing and evaluating possible solutions to meet requirements. Deep understanding of the requirements gathering and business process mapping along with strong program & project management expertise are critical to the success in this role.
- Create and implment a Master Data Management strategy to ensure data standardization, quality, governance and provide a single source-of-truth for the domains.
- Define a systems landscape for Master Data Management to connect data flows across all McDonalds Data systems ((i.e. hierarchies, attributes/properties, export/import routines, validations).
- Collaborate with Architecture leads to launch scalable and reliable data solutions, support system integration efforts, and create operational efficiencies through automation and process improvements.
- Collaborate with Business Leadership to define vision, data standards and change management roadmaps.
- Operationalize governance processes for creation/change of data, to define business rules, and to implement and improve data standards, quality, integrity, and consistency.
- Facilitate Security/PII/Compliance for MDM across data domains globally
- Serve as subject matter expert on Master Data Management within the Global Technology Data and Analytics platform.
- Participate on data quality improvement initiatives.
- BS in Computer Science or related field is REQUIRED.
- 4+ years of experience in Master Data Management (MDM), Data Governance, and Data Quality domains, and MDM tools.
- 4+ years of experience in related technologies and languages (Web Services, Java, XML, etc.)
- Experience leading large cross functional teams to align and deliver projects.
- Experience with data profiling, data cleansing, fuzzy matching, Product/Location hierarchy management.
- Experience with MDM algorithms (matching, merging, unification, etc.)
- Knowledge of Data Centers, Cloud Operations, Facilities Management, Engineering and Construction.
- Proficiency with AWS Redshift, or other data warehousing platforms.
- Experience with Agile project management methods and terminology a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top