Senior Manager, Global Data Governance
- Chicago, IL
Refer A Friend
We are proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. McDonald's is people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the globe by building a workforce with different strengths who make delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy.
At McDonald's, we are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. We see every single day as a chance to have a lasting impact on our customers, our people and our partners. We will continue to pursue big, global initiatives while remaining kind neighbors and supporters of our local communities.
We are moving fast and are building a passionate team to help us. This means the company is looking for innovators, leaders, sprinters who are focused on crafting memorable experiences for our customers, employees and partners. Joining McDonald's means thinking big daily and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world
The McDonald's Data & Analytics Hub has an exciting opportunity for Manager, Global Data Governance & Quality. This change agent will support the Global Data Governance & Quality Lead with driving the development of McDonald's enterprise-wide data governance, policies, standards, strategy, and processes. This individual will partner with global technology and various business teams (i.e. global insights, supply chain, operations, etc.) in assessing, improving, and maintaining data quality while communicating and managing key upstream governance activities. In addition, this role will support the administration actions of the Data Governance team.
- Supports the Global Lead with creating, communicating, and enforcing data governance policies, processes, and procedures for the organization
- Drives cultural change, ensuring data governance initiatives are understood and adopted by the organization
- Leads efforts with business partners to identify data quality improvement opportunities, define data standards, and map out processes to remediate data quality problems
- Partners with the data management team, data domain owners and data stewards to ensure business needs are translated into technical solutions
- Drives efforts to monitor data quality and ensure compliance with established standards and metrics
- Accountable for creation and maintenance of appropriate documentation / operating procedures for process work, and development of the business data glossary across data domains
- Coaches, mentors, and develops peers to promote data governance and foster data stewardship
- Assists the Global head in crafting leadership communications, planning sessions and moderating Data Governance working team meetings
- Bachelor's Degree in business, technology, engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years' experience with data management standards and practices, and working with data governance programs
- A strong understanding of data needs for analysis and business performance management
- Strong project management leadership
- Strong interpersonal and communication/persuasion skills
- Proven ability to lead a cross-functional team across distinct business units, work with and through others to achieve desired results
- Experience with data governance and data quality management tools, such as Informatica, preferred
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence as part of project workflow and documentation tools is a plus
- Experience with Agile project management methods and terminology a plus
- Experience with creating SQL queries a plus
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Back to top