Senior Incident Response Manager
- Chicago, IL
Refer A Friend
McDonald's is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald's, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we're excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every single requirement!
Can you balance a high attention to detail, excellent people skills and perseverance in a fast-paced IT Department? Do you have experience in IT Security?
McDonald's, one of the most recognized brands in the world, is seeking a skilled Senior manager of Incident Response to join our IT Security Delivery Assurance Team and support Strategic Programming for our Incident Response capability.
In this strategy oriented role, you will lead road mapping, penetration testing, multiple vendor relationships and deployment, program innovation, process improvement and compliance. In order to be successful, you are able to utilize IT tools, be responsible for documenting the necessary procedures and incident response plan of action needed to quickly mitigate and analyze security incidents as they occur. Your additional experience in process management and a familiarity with legal rules, regulations and platforms are also necessary. You are highly engaged in risk management and mitigation maintaining the forward momentum to assure all assets are operating at their full capacity and you are able to rapidly address security when needed.
That said, the biggest area of increase in our spending has been in technology, which is helping to drive our growth. We're looking at how to use technology to improve the customer experience and build new customer experiences. We're also exploring technologies that can help us reduce or eliminate repetitive tasks and make employees' jobs more interesting and rewarding. With all the new projects and initiatives, it is an exciting time to be on the team that is helping to make a Better McDonald's!
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create, implement, and maintain strategic roadmap.
- Manage the execution of tabletops, audits, pen tests, MSIM forum, vendor deliverables, and process improvements.
- Create presentation and awareness material for evangelizing the incident response program.
- Monitor internal and external policies for compliance.
- Develop security standards and standard methodologies for the organization.
- Plan and Validate the organization's Incident Response plan (IR).
- Create and direct the security information assurance for the organization.
- Provides technical support for a comprehensive risk management program identifying critical processes and systems; current and projected threats; and system vulnerabilities.
- Research the latest information technology (IT) security trends.
- Being able to quickly classify an incident and guide the team towards the necessary course of action.
- Drive lessons learned and remediation activities throughout the organization.
- Recommend security enhancements to management or senior staff.
- Work with legal compliance, litigation, and privacy for forensics review of company assets.
- A minimum of 3-5 years in IT Security Incident Management.
- Global problem and incident management experience.
- Experience with security operations in working with a SOC/NOC.
- Hands-on experience with security and access technologies.
- Experience with prevention and threat detection devices.
- Understanding of NIST Framework.
- Understanding of project management and ITIL methodologies.
- Passion and Personal Accountability.
- Guidance Encase Forensics and chain of custody knowledge.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or a related technical degree is highly desired.
- Strong strategy, process, and policy development skills.
- You have a high level of communication and interpersonal skills.
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Back to top