Refer A Friend
McD Tech Labs is the recently established Silicon Valley based technology development group within McDonald's Corporation. Our mission is to deliver advanced technology solutions that address real-world, data driven needs in the McDonald's Restaurant environment. We are focused on using state-of-the-art Machine Learning, AI, and related technologies along with McDonald's unparalleled scale to completely transform the customer experience!
We are currently looking for a Senior Speech Recognition Engineer to help design and build our state-of-the-art streaming bilingual speech recognition system, using real-world data from our conversational AI Drive Thru product. The Senior Speech Recognition Engineer will be a key member of the Speech/ML team within the core technology group at McD Tech Labs and will have the ability to make a large impact on our AI Drive Thru technology.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of bilingual streaming ASR
- Deploy and support production ASR models in the real world
- Explore, implement, and evaluate state-of-the-art ASR algorithms and approaches
- Build and improve tooling for training and benchmarking ASR at scale
- Collaborate with Infrastructure and Data Engineering teams to improve data pipelines for ASR modeling experiments and improvements
Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Speech Recognition, or Machine Learning, or equivalent professional experience
- 3-5 years professional experience with Python, C++, or similar languages
- Experience designing and deploying one or more ASR models or systems using standard toolkits such as Kaldi, HTK, or similar
- Experience with one or more deep learning frameworks, such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, MXNet, or similar tools
- Working proficiency in Spanish
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and various stakeholders
- Experience designing and deploying bilingual ASR models or systems
- Experience with MLOps and/or ML at scale
- Experience with Spanish NLP
- Experience with Linux based development
- Fluent in Spanish
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.