Senior Backend Engineer - McD Tech Labs
- Mountain View, CA
Refer A Friend
McD Tech Labs is the recently established Silicon Valley based technology development group within McDonald's Corporation. Our mission is to deliver advanced technology solutions that address real-world, data driven needs in the McDonald's Restaurant environment. We are focused on using state-of-the-art Machine Learning, AI, and related technologies along with McDonald's unparalleled scale to completely transform the customer experience!
We are currently looking for asenior backendengineer to join our core technology team. This positionwill focus on building, extending, and maintaining the database that holds and organizes menu data, as well as the code, APIs and ORM integrating the database into other components. This includes the database itself, its integration into the application and other services, data ingestion and validation tooling, data models, integrity constraints, migrations, and tests.
- Coordinating with other teams at McDonald's and data annotators to keep data accurate andup-to-date
- Manage growing corpus of real-world application data
- Work closely with the core technology engineers to identify and support their integration and tooling needs
- Collaborate with the infrastructure and software engineering teams to implement and deploy any code related to data collection or management
- Create solutions that are engineered for robustness when interfacing with complex ontologies, incomplete data, and legacy code
- Management of complex datatables, transformations between ontologies, testsand validation rules
- B.S. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Data Science, or related field
- Experience working with SQL, embedded databases, data models and normalization, and ORM frameworks
- 3+ years of Python experience
- Experience in data retrieval from various sources including SQL Databases, NoSQL, and messaging systems, and efficient storage and loading of data sets
- Knowledge of building or customizing tools for easy data inspection/validation by non-engineers
- Familiar with a modern Linux-based development environment, including the Unix command line and Git
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and various stakeholders
- History of success in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to change focus and pivot quickly
- M.S. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Data Science, or related field
- Familiarity with machine learning systems, and the underlying databases used to train and validate them
- Past experienceworking with natural language data, grammars, or dialog agents
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Back to top