Senior Audio Software Engineer - McD Tech Labs
- Mountain View, CA
Refer A Friend
McD Tech Labs is the recently established Silicon Valley based technology development group within McDonald's Corporation. Our mission is to deliver advanced technology solutions that address real-world, data driven needs in the McDonald's Restaurant environment. We are focused on using state-of-the-art Machine Learning, AI, and related technologies along with McDonald's unparalleled scale to completely transform the customer experience!
We are currently looking for skilled software engineers to work directly on the in-store AI Drive Through audio processing stack. The Audio Software Engineer will work on Linux audio processing, network audio streams, and integration with audio signal processing front-end.
• Develop and maintain multi-channel audio pipelines needed for recording, forwarding, and processing network audio in real time in Linux cluster environments
• Integrate and maintain interfaces with audio hardware
• Design and implement proper tests for audio hardware and software stack
• BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field, or equivalent experience
• 4+ years of audio, AV, or multimedia development in Linux environments
• 3+ years of professional experience in Python and C or C++
• Experience with Linux audio drivers such as ALSA, and sound devices
• Experience working on audio pipelines and applications in cloud and containerized system environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to effectively collaborate at all levels of the organization
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and various stakeholders
• History of success in a fast-paced, Agile-development environment
• Ability to change focus and pivot quickly
• 3+ Years of professional experience in audio programming or audio specific development experience
• C++ Threaded Service Development
• C++ / Python FFI Development
• Experience with Streaming or VOIP technology stacks
• Audio hardware and drivers
• Java, distributed pipeline and network services experience
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Back to top