Refer A Friend
McDonald's is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
At McDonald's, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every single requirement!
We are looking for a dynamic Field Operations Manager to join our Ronald McDonald House Charities team.
McDonald's Global Impact team is aligned around a mission to make McDonald's one of the most respected, trusted, and admired brands in the world. We will do this through actions to drive responsible business growth, investments to foster community, values-based advocacy, and compelling communications that matter to our customers, our System and our global partners. Read more about our Purpose & Impact here .
In this role, you will:
- Provide strategic leadership/consultation for development/licensing of new Chapters and/or merging organizations within a defined geographic area of the world. Each U.S. region manages an average of 50 licensed Chapters.
- Manage process for development and licensing of RMHC programs within a defined geographic area of the world.
- Evaluate Chapter efficiency and strength. Promote/expand capacity of local Chapters and their programs through nonprofit management and program development guidance, participation in local board and staff retreats, ongoing dialogue and utilizing RMHC assessment tools.
- Assure local Chapter/program license compliance with RMHC Operating Standards through ongoing communication, site visits, and attendance at RMHC board meetings and various McDonald's meetings/conventions.
- Collaborate with team members in the evaluation, development and execution of key RMHC Impact Strategy Initiatives. Fully engage in contributing to and helping to manage the infrastructure of support for the system: specifically, education and people development for the nearly 5,000 staff and many of the 400,000 volunteers; environmental sustainability practices for the 8.5 million square feet of House and Family Rooms; Impact research, Resource development and Technology.
- Collaborate with team members in tracking organizational and external trends; participate in the development of field resources that anticipate or respond to trends within RMHC standards, guidelines and guiding principles.
- Demonstrate and strengthen relationships between McDonald's Corporation, its employees, franchisees and supplier network and local RMHC Chapters by facilitating discussions and activities that align RMHC support and the McDonald's business strategy.
- Drive Change: respond to changes in strategic direction and operating practices and embrace continuous improvement
- Understand, formulate, communicate and implement sound management strategies that are future focused and creative
- Take responsibility for meeting commitments and ensuring that results are achieved in a timely manner; comfortable being held accountable
- Relate to and work well with a diverse group of people; show cultural and interpersonal sensitivity
- Maintain high levels of drive, enthusiasm, and commitment. Show passion for the job and works well under pressure.
- Absorb information, knowledge and learning from past experiences, other people and resources; encourage the learning and development of others.
- Plan, Schedule and Prioritize: manage time effectively; well organized, flexibly multi-task competing and concurrent priorities.
- Manage day-to-day activities with local Chapters and key stakeholders ensuring adherence to standards, timelines, budgets, effective communication and collaboration.
- Adapt to changing demands and prioritize according to urgency and importance.
• Provide leadership point-of-view, build strong relationships and foster teamwork among local Chapters, clinical partners, RMHC colleagues, McDonald's owner/operators, and donors to achieve maximum performance.
• Optimize Team Effectiveness: a 'team-player' that works cooperatively with others and acts in ways that support the success of the overall team.
Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
Degree in a related field
Experience in the nonprofit sector; working with/for community based initiatives
In-depth knowledge of non-profit practices, including board governance, program development and operations.
Proven leadership and ability to influence and work with diverse populations.
Proven ability to develop and implement organizational change and strengthening within a non-profit organization.
High level of strategic focus and perspective and tactical ability to deliver.
Ability to navigate, orchestrate, and work through complex issues with a strategic, tactical, and fresh perspective.
Experience with negotiation and conflict management between individuals across multiple stakeholders/organizations.
Public speaking, external representation or leadership of an organization or cause.
Business writing e.g. policy writing, grant applications (desirable)
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.