Release Engineer - McD Tech Labs
- Mountain View, CA
Refer A Friend
McD Tech Labs is the recently established Silicon Valley based technology development group within McDonald's Corporation. Our mission is to deliver advanced technology solutions that address real-world, data driven needs in the McDonald's Restaurant environment. We are focused on using state-of-the-art Machine Learning, AI, and related technologies along with McDonald's unparalleled scale to completely transform the customer experience!
We are currently looking for talented continuous integration engineers to work on stabilizing and accelerating the development process for our cutting-edge voice based conversational AI systems. The core responsibilities of the continuous integrationengineer focuses on accelerating the pace of stable and predictable development at McD Tech Labs.
- Keep the Tree "Green" / Keep All Tests Passing
- Serve as an owner of the tree, the totality of code in the repository, and involved in ongoing initiatives to keep all tests passing
- Address core design and stability issues across the stack
- Develop and Maintain Continuous Integration Suites in Python and Java
- Serve as an owner of the continuous integration and unit testing frameworks, environment and tooling around them
- Develop and Maintain Engineer Facing Build, Test, Profile, and Release Tooling
- Serve as an owner of the tools used by engineers for incremental build, test, profiling, and release engineering
- Develop, Deploy, Automate, and Migrate Best Coding Practices
- Serve as an owner in the continuous process of maintaining the cannon of "Best Practices" at McD Tech Labs including the policy judgementmade around code style, documentation conventions, calling patterns, and library use
- Educate the engineering teams on best practices, and where possible automate enforcement and migrate existing code to ensure compliance
- Develop and Maintain the Engineering Environment Tooling
- Define and maintain the environment defined by a "correct" checkout of the dev environment, the associated automated tooling, as well as the "correct" integration with various IDEs and profiling tooling
- Provide technical support and training to engineers on the use of the development environment
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field, or equivalent experience
- Quick learner and ability to quickly add value to the team
- 5+ years of experience in Linux environments; expert understanding of Linux processes
- 3+ years of professional experience in Bash Shell Scripting
- 5+ years of professional experience in Python and/or Java
- AWS experience
- Gradle build system
- JetBrains TeamCity
- C++ / Python FFI Development
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Back to top