Python Backend Product Engineer- McD Tech Labs
- Mountain View, CA
Refer A Friend
McD Tech Labs is the recently established Silicon Valley based technology development group within McDonald's Corporation. Our mission is to deliver advanced technology solutions that address real-world, data driven needs in the McDonald's Restaurant environment. We are focused on using state-of-the-art Machine Learning, AI, and related technologies along with McDonald's unparalleled scale to completely transform the customer experience!
We are currently looking for talented PythonProductBackendEngineers towork on thetransformativein-store AI Drive ThroughVoiceAgent product. The core responsibility of this role is toarchitectefficient,modular,reliableand scalable AIVoiceAgent in the restaurants. Thebackend work focuses oncorelogic of the AI product, microservices,distributed processing,telemetry,and scalability of aproduct and platformthat will reach 10s of millions of customers per day.
- Develop andmaintaincoreVoiceAgent application services andframeworks
- Own core AI applications and related tooling, focusing on the system's integration, configuration, lifecycleand event management
- Enable modular, testable and scalable deployment through continuous,incrementalrefactoring ofcoreapplications
- Keepand push for thehigh bar ofdevelopment best practices: test coverage, design patterns, documentationand self-documenting code
- Address core design and stability issues across the stackand platform
- Educate engineering teams on standard methodologies, and where possible,automate enforcement and migrateexisting code to ensure compliance
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in Linux environments withgoodunderstanding of Linux processes.
- 3+ years of professional experiencedeveloping backend/server technologiesin Python
- Strong experience in high performance, server and service programming,e.g.distributed, multi-threaded programming writing network clients and coordinating high throughput inter-process communication
- Quick learner with grit
- Experience incontainers-andKubernetes-baseddevelopment
- Experience in shell scriptingandcross-language system development
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Back to top