Python Application Engineer- McD Tech Labs
- Mountain View, CA
Refer A Friend
McD Tech Labs is the recently established Silicon Valley based technology development group within McDonald's Corporation. Our mission is to deliver advanced technology solutions that address real-world, data driven needs in the McDonald's Restaurant environment. We are focused on using state-of-the-art Machine Learning, AI, and related technologies along with McDonald's unparalleled scale to completely transform the customer experience!
We are currently looking for talented Python Application Engineers to work directly on the in-store AI Drive Through application stack. The core responsibility of this role isto enable modular, stable and scalabledevelopment and release of the AI Drive Through Solution. The Python Application Engineer will work on core business logic, network clients, telemetry, debugging tools, andscalabilityof an applicationthat will reach 10s of millions of customers per day.
- Develop andmaintaincoreapplicationframeworks
- Own core AI applications and related tooling, focusing on the system's integration, configuration, lifecycleand event management
- Enable modular, testable and scalable deployment through continuous,incrementalrefactoring ofcoreapplications
- Keepand push for thehigh bar ofdevelopment best practices: test coverage, design patterns, documentationand self-documenting code
- Address core design and stability issues across the stack
- Educate engineering teams on standard methodologies, and where possible automate enforcement and migrate existing code to ensure compliance
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field, or equivalent experience
- Quick learner and ability to quickly contribute to the team
- 3+ years of experience in Linux environments withgoodunderstanding of Linux processes.
- 3+ years of professional experience in Python
- Experience with distributed programming writing network service clients, inter-process communicationandmessage-passing
- Quicklearner with grit
- Experience incontainersandKubernetes baseddevelopment
- Experience in shell scriptingandcross-language system development
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Back to top