Project Manager - McD Tech Labs
- Mountain View, CA
Refer A Friend
McD Tech Labs is the recently established Silicon Valley based technology development group within McDonald's Corporation. Our mission is to deliver advanced technology solutions that address real-world, data driven needs in the McDonald's Restaurant environment. We are focused on using state-of-the-art Machine Learning, AI, and related technologies along with McDonald's unparalleled scale to completely transform the customer experience!
We are currently looking for Project Managers to help drive multiple projects related to AI Drive Thru. The Project Manager will develop schedules, anticipate and mitigate risks, resolve issues, and provide clarity on team member responsibilities to ensure successful completion of multiple fast-paced, high-visibility, critical projects.
Project Scoping, Planning, and Execution:
• Drive complex projects within the McD Tech Labs organization. Responsible for ensuring solutions are in alignment with the organization's project roadmap and milestones.
• Ability to provide the overall vision and structure in addition to running the daily project activities such as schedule, risk and issue management, communications, etc.
• Must have executive leadership presence, the ability to understand objectives and drive the team to program completion
• Drives necessary requirements gathering activities to define the scope of the program and build out necessary artifacts such as a project charter, user stories or business requirements document
• Partner with the appropriate cross functional teams to develop and complete any RFIs, RFPs, and SOWs.
• Leads, and generates necessary communications for projects and deployment activities
• Works with key partners to establish and gain consensus on project goals, objectives and deliverables.
Project Risk and Issue Management:
• Work closely with technical team to mitigate risks and resolve issues as they arise
Project Change Control & Performance:
• Actively manages scope and measures performance to ensure the project is progressing as planned in relation to scope, budget and quality
Project Plan Development:
• Develops and executes a plan that includes a schedule, budget, timeline, and required resources. Upon project completion, gather lessons learned and obtain project closeout approval from sponsors and key partners
• Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field
• 5+ years experience in project management including experience in complex, global organizations
• Ability to present and communicate successfully at leadership meetings which require excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
• Ability to influence without authority and work in a matrix organizational environment
• Strong Project Management competencies and ability to apply pragmatically for best outcome
• Strong deployment background with an understanding of how to best plan and execute technology based projects
• Strong operational and financial acumen (driving value through projects)
• Strong understanding of project management tools as MS Project, PlanView, Clarizen, etc.
• Familiarity with Python and Java
• Experience in a start-up environment
• Exposure to machine learning/neural networks
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Back to top