People Strategy and Innovation Manager
- Chicago, IL
Refer A Friend
McDonald's is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald's, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we're excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every single requirement!
Currently McDonald's is seeking an experienced People Strategy and InnovationManager to join our U.S. People team! This position will lead end-to-end design and national deployment of new HR products across our U.S. restaurants. You will focus on the product strategy, manage RFPs and vendors, full project planning and assemble the right resources to execute critical initiatives. You will be reporting to the Director, U.S. People Strategy & Innovation.
Role and Responsibilities:>
- Oversees end-to-end design, testing, piloting and deployment planning of new HR products (e.g., various products that impact the employee experience)
- Offers thought partnership and a customer-centric view of HR solutions being developed
- Conceptualises innovative solutions and product ideas
- Builds customer roadmaps to identify and optimize touchpoints on customer journey
- Designs and conducts user research to provide qualitative insights into product strategy and use cases (e.g., employer brand and workforce changes, employee experience, etc.) while maintaining a close relationship with key customers
- Develops and assesses KPIs / success metrics for initiative testing
- Meets with key product partners across the organization to ensure new solutions address their objectives and needs
- Leads and provides guidance to third party vendors
- Takes a design thinking approach to all People products to ensure a user-centric view and to bolster innovative solutions
- Coaches and mentors HR Product Supervisors to ensure breakthrough critical thinking and exceptional results
Requirements and Capabilities:>
- Consistent track record of ideating, building, and deploying innovative products
- Takes a user-centric perspective of product decisions and features
- Understanding of restaurant and retail talent tools and technologies
- Ability to build insight with end users and identify unmet needs
- Test-and-learn mentality to iterate on prototypes and glean insights from testing
- Strong people coach that give direction to Supervisors to efficiently execute dynamic initiatives
- Effective relationship builder that collaborates with multiple partners to set objectives and influence outcomes
- Strong presentation and influencing skills
- Understanding of functions, goals, and interpersonal dynamics across the People organization
- Keen understanding of labor landscape and demographic shifts
- Experience working with third party vendors preferred
- Experience working across multiple work streams at different stages
- Must be proactive and enjoy working with autonomy
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Back to top