McDonald’s Restaurant Business Consulting – Operations Associate
- Memphis, TN
Refer A Friend
McDonald's is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald's, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we're excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every single requirement!
The Operations Associate role is for you if you're interested in working collaboratively with multimillion-dollar business owners to assess their restaurants and offer them solutions to run their businesses. Our training program is designed to provide a smooth transition into McDonald's so don't worry - if you are willing to learn and work hard, we will provide the know-how. You will receive coaching from industry leaders who want you to succeed and take pride in developing future leaders at McDonald's.
What You'll Do>
Launch your career as you:
- Creatively tackle problems>
- Contribute to strategy for the world's leading restaurant chain
- Recognize patterns> and develop expertise around common restaurant performance issues
- Travel >to restaurants to perform site visits
- Evaluate >Customer Experience and Food Safety standards
- Develop expertise> in Restaurant Department Management systems
- Evaluate root causes> impacting franchise restaurant operations
- Design your schedule> to ensure on-time evaluations and efficient use of time across multiple projects
- Organize >data, evaluations, and reports
- Commit >to using our Scale for Good
- Are Open >to additional relocation (preferred)
- Travel> for this role typically requires driving to locations up to 5 hours away, and may require hotel stays
- May> require occasional nights and weekends
Why We'll Hire You>
You're a strong candidate if you:
- Are a Senior> working towards a Bachelor's degree or have already graduated
- Have a college GPA of at least 3.0>
- Are willing to travel and relocate>
- Have a high interest in learning how to develop business strategy>
- Can develop trust-based and ethical relationships >with key partners
- Understand drivers of financial performance>
- Communicate> well and can adapt based on the audience
- Are inquisitive> and enjoy problem solving>
- Are committed to a culture of inclusiveness>
- Desire to impact the modern era of McDonald's>
Why You'll Want This Job>
The initial program includes interactive sessions typically led out of our state-of-the-art Headquarters in Chicago, Restaurant Training, and building your restaurant performance expertise to conduct Customer Experience, Food Safety, and Brand Standard visits.
Operations Associates travel for consultations with restaurant owners to evaluate restaurant operations and consult to help each multimillion-dollar restaurant operate at peak efficiency levels to deliver top-notch results. You will develop holistic restaurant operations skills during rotations and training that you can apply to your role. As you acquire those skill our Field Leads will look for you to provide guidance in your area of expertise to Operators in the field who request it.
Successful fulfillment of the Operations Associate role can open the door for other opportunities within operations or across the company. In addition, the capabilities you will acquire set you up for a variety of career paths depending on your interests and strengths, so know that beginning your career at McDonald's is choosing to give yourself options.
How You'll be Compensated>
You'll be lovin' our compensation and benefits package, which includes:
- A highly competitive starting salary rate of $69,000
- May be eligible for Company Car Program
- Generous paid time off
- Eligibility for Target Incentive Plan (annual bonus)
- Health benefits
- 401k matching contributions
- Educational Assistance
Matching Gifts Program
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact US-UniversityPrograms@us.mcd.com
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Back to top