Master MHQ Job Template
- Chicago, IL
Refer A Friend
McDonald's is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald's, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we're excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every single requirement!
We are looking for a Supervisor to join our growing US Marketing team. This position will be essential in helping the US business maximize the value of our customer data in decision-making and drive incrementally with our customers.
Our digital business has grown rapidly in the past year, and we have exciting plans to accelerate this growth to deliver on our customer's expectations for years to come. With the exciting launch of our Loyalty program in 2021, and the heightened focus the business has given to our digital channels like the McDonald's mobile app and our CRM channels, this role will help develop the appropriate processes and governance difficulty so that we can trust the customer data that we rely on daily to understand business performance and drive insight.
McDonalds has a dedicated division within the US Marketing organization called Customer Data Enablement (CDE). This team consists of an Analytics & Insight COE, an Experimentation (Test & Learn) COE and a Technology & Governance COE. The purpose and vision of the CDE team is to ensure that our US business, and all the marketing we enable, are laser focused on maximizing the value of our customer data across the marketing ecosystem. The goal of this role is to support both our analytics and activation workstreams, whether it is within Owned or Paid channels, by ensuring every partner can trust the data we access to evaluate performance.
Our guiding principle is to drive towards a rich, personalized experience for our customers across all of our digital channels (e.g., Mobile App, Web, Kiosk, Digital Menu Boards, CRM, etc.) and to maximize the return and effectiveness of our marketing investments wherever and whenever possible. This position is essential to enabling all of this work in the most effective and efficient way we can.
We are in need of a highly motivated individual to:
- Demonstrate their experience and understanding of data systems and tools to implement data quality monitoring and remediation processes across our data pipelines.
- Develop processes and dashboards to proactively assist with the reconciliation of data between our key source and target systems.
- Guide automation of workstreams by developing reliable, repeatable processes for data validation, data ingestion and data transfer
- Work in partnership with our Global Technology and Data & Analytics teams to present detailed examples that illustrate known data issues we have discovered, and drive remediation or long-term solutions to minimize future defects.
- Communicate and collaborate across the broader teams at McDonald's on any issues that may affect our internal workstreams, analysis or reporting; and handle results/timelines to implement appropriate solutions.
- Support the ongoing evolution of marketing technology toolset and measurement capabilities through the lens of potential business use cases.
- Coach, cross-functionally, data/platform/methodology best practices and drive institutional knowledge across the teams.
- Support a diverse team of hard-working data analysts, data scientists and data engineers focused on investigating into large-scale marketing data.
- Act as liaison between US Marketing and Global Technology, representing and advocating for the needs of US Market.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Economics, Informatics, Marketing, Business Administration or a related field
- Demonstrated ability in the digital, technology or data analytics space
- Understanding of test design and measurement methodologies with an ability to understand the core tenants of data engineering and management in support of that work
- Enthusiastic attention to detail
- Basic understanding of Agile methodologies and project management tools, including JIRA & Confluence
- Proven track record of collaborating with peers and individual contributors across a wide range of functions to meet a common goal
- Ability to communicate technical information with business relevance to both technical and business audiences
- Highly proficient in SQL
- Experience with python, R, shell scripting a plus
- Experience with cloud technologies and cloud platforms (AWS, Databricks, Google Cloud, BiqQuery) a big plus
MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Teams) proficiency
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Back to top