Manager, US Cashless Payments
- Chicago, IL
Refer A Friend
McDonald's is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald's, but to build a better McDonald's.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we've launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
U.S. Cashless Payments Manager Role>
The Cashless Payments ("CP") Manager lead all aspects of and supports the use of all forms of cashless payments used in the US Restaurants and any related entities (i.e.: P2W for Arch Card). This includes managing vendor relationship with Payments Processors, Fraud Processors, Credit Card Networks, and Debit Card Networks on behalf of the US System to ensure cost minimization, accurate service support levels, issue resolution and Level 3 customer and Owner-Operator support. Due to the dynamic and constantly evolving nature of the Payments industry, the CP Manager must stay on top of changes in pricing, fees, penalties, legal and compliance requirements, etc. while keeping the US System informed and advised.
Given the complexity of contractual pricing arrangements with the card networks (including volume requirements, routing restrictions, variations in card types, etc.), the Manager must ensure that conditions are continuously met to ensure the System accesses and improves savings. Further, given the ongoing additions of mobile digital payments (Global Mobile App (GMA), Delivery) in addition to long-standing physical card payments (Instore, Kiosk, Drive Thru), the Manager must ensure that contractual conditions and settlement terms for proposed new Forms of Payment ("FoP") align with those of existing FoP and contractual obligations, while ensuring performance metrics (authorization rates, card loading, drop-off rates, etc.) are continuously monitored, understood and improved.
Specific Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting in US Payments vendor negotiations advising on impacts of terms to the System, rate protection schemes, service level requirements, impact on other contractual obligations, etc.
- Monitoring Payments vendor performance and intermediating when there are performance disputes or significant issues relating to owner operators.
- Ensuring ongoing monitoring and adjustment to routing decision making to ensure that US System's negotiated rates and savings are improved.
- Identifying unusual patterns of Chargebacks, Fraud, Refunds, System Outages, etc. that may need to be intermediated and corrected.
- Following and understanding periodic card network rate adjustments and changes in Payments industry standards, rules and regulations and communicating the anticipated System impact.
- Advocating for cost minimization and other US System interests in new Payments initiatives.
- Work cross-functionally across the organization (Global Treasury Payments and Fraud, Digital Technology, Digital Customer Engagement, Data Technology, Privacy, Legal, etc.) to ensure the coordination and dialogue necessary to drive successful outcomes for US Payments.
- Facilitate acceptance agreements with processor and card brands, coordinate MIDs, settlement bank account and any hardware necessary as needed for Home Office.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Accounting and/or Finance
- Minimum 5+ years of cashless payments experience, including digital payments
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Prior vendor contract negotiation and monitoring experience preferred
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both written and oral, are critical to success
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Back to top