Machine Learning Engineer
- Chicago, IL
Refer A Friend
We are proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. McDonald's is people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the globe by building a workforce with different strengths who make delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy.
At McDonald's, we are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. We see every single day as a chance to have a lasting impact on our customers, our people and our partners. We will continue to pursue big, global initiatives while remaining kind neighbors and supporters of our local communities.
We are moving fast and are building a passionate team to help us. This means the company is looking for innovators, leaders, sprinters who are focused on crafting memorable experiences for our customers, employees and partners. Joining McDonald's means thinking big daily and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world
We are looking for a talented Machine Learning Engineer, responsible for developing cloud and edge based applications in support of priorities within the McDonald's Global Data Hub. McDonald's restaurant and digital technology powers 71 million orders in 120 countries across the globe daily - serving 1% of the total global population.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience deploying machine learning solutions at the edge through a combination of on-site installation and remote connection.
This position will collaborate cross functionally to understand and translate business needs into machine learning solutions. You will design and develop scalable solutions leveraging Machine Learning and Deep Learning models, working closely with data scientists and data engineers.
- Apply statistical and machine learning methods to analyze large, complex data sets
- Communicate highly technical results and methods clearly
- Translates machine learning algorithms into production-level code
- Collaborates with development teams to test and deploy machine learning models
- Creates metrics to continuously evaluate the performance of machine learning solutions
- Maintains and improves the performance of existing machine learning solutions
- Experience developing machine learning planforms deployed on the edge across a distributed network.
- Develop and IoT connections and dataflows in McDonald's restaurants for consumption and integration into cloud environments.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, or a related quantitative discipline
- Experience developing, training, and evaluating classical machine/deep learning models, such as, SVMs, Random Forests, Gradient Boosting, NN, CNN, ResNet, GAN, etc.
- Experience developing, training, and evaluating deep-learning models using public deep learning frameworks (e.g. PyTorch, TensorFlow/Keras)
- Expert knowledge of data modeling and understanding of different data structures
- Experience with object oriented programming in python
- Experience leveraging cloud technology to scale modeling solutions (e.g. docker, kubernetes)
- Experience with AWS (S3, sagemaker, greengrass, monitoring with new relic), GCP (ComputeEngine, CloudGPUs, cloud storage, pub/sub), or similar
- Experience in developing state-of-the-art data analysis techniques for large-scale machine learning products
- Excellent analytical skills with an engineering, algorithmic mind to architect tools, pipelines and systems to handle large-scale, real-time ML analysis, whether in batch or streaming.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and coordinate complex data analysis and development activities across teams in agile sprints with minimal direction
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Back to top